X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmycs
    • Mar 2014

Very disturbing to hear all these troubles which makes me cautious next time. However, having made purchases here for over two dozen sellers, my experience has been good.

Do feel sorry for the buyers that get into these binds.

Comment

• GucciAmen
      • Sep 2014

Not refuting your story - I have seen the same expose regarding his own tailoring business on SF - whatsoever but I find it so odd that I had a wonderful transaction with Eugene when I sold him my old pair of P13's a few months back.... I would simply file a paypal claim since others have posted stories of him stalling for months with no refund.

Comment

• Guun
        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by psidy View Post
        Since alot of stylezeitgeist members shop over at Grailed, I imagine, I thought Id post a warning concerning grailed member "Thirdofwaters" aka Eugene Ansimov aka "Wormwood" over at styleforum and banned ex member "Jin" here
        Very interesting. I had also purchased from him over a month ago, and my package never arrived. My tracking shows it landed in NY, then transferred to Cali and has not updated since. I found that very strange since I live in Canada and all. If he is legit, I don't know why he would ship to "one of his contacts" to be "redistributed" as wouldn't that just increase his shipping costs? Doesn't make sense to me. He also reused the same pictures for my item as he did for the same one he had sold before on grailed. He could very well of had 2, but I was wary.

I was aware of all the commotion that has been created over his "artisanal pants" business over at styleforum so I put a dispute through on paypal. He promised to refund my money, but said he had bank issues. Only after I started a claim did I get my money back.

I'm cannot definitively say he is a scammer as he was still communicative and has good feedback, but it has been very frustrating buying from him and I have still not received my item (but luckily got a refund). I would suggest filling a PP claim and informing grailed

(also, I pm'd you with more details)
        insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• psidy
          • Sep 2014

I forgot to mention yet another strange part about this whole ordeal. Shortly after Eugene gave me the "red flagged " package BS story, he had a package sent from Japan to me without notifying me first. After I confronted him about the original package (tracking #RD815811829PT) being delivered in CA he said he had this one sent from his "fellow collector" in Japan as compensation.

The package arrived and it was a used black shirt in size 2 when I paid for a bnwt light grey in size 3.

I told him first of all this was a strange thing to do and that I wanted what I originally paid for. He tried to have me ship this shirt back to a PO box in the US that was in his name asap. I said no way dude not until I get either the correct shirt or a refund.

So now I still have this shirt that is useless to me personally as collateral at least .

This was imho also an elaborate attempt for me to send this one back and in the mean time he had a tracking number that led right to my door that he could provide paypal/Grailed etc as defense to his scam. Who knows perhaps he fraudulently purchased this shirt from Japan and had it shipped to me hoping I would send it back and covering his tracks in the meantime. It's crazy what he tries to pull. Don't get it twisted. This guy has been nothing but a compulsive liar this whole time. Now he is trying to pass off this different shirt (tracking # EJ472655202JP) as being the one I ordered to PayPal and Grailed. What a mess... How does he explain two tracking numbers?
          Last edited by psidy; 07-20-2016, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• gregor
            • Oct 2014

eugene is a bit of an odd guy, in my experience, but not a scammer. i bought some iolom chained rings from him, and he sent from russia, which i think is the root cause of almost all of this, especially guun, as it's probably in some customs purgatory due to country of origin. my parcel got held up in customs for quite some time, but in the end i got my rings, albeit months later.

can't vouch for everyone but can say i had a decent experience with him all things considered. i am wary of purchasing from him again, though, especially now.

Comment

• Guun
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by gregor View Post
              eugene is a bit of an odd guy, in my experience, but not a scammer. i bought some iolom chained rings from him, and he sent from russia, which i think is the root cause of almost all of this, especially guun, as it's probably in some customs purgatory due to country of origin. my parcel got held up in customs for quite some time, but in the end i got my rings, albeit months later.
              Agree, he was a decent guy to deal with (did not scream "scammer"). My package could very well be in customs (especially due to the recent Canada post strike). Will report back if I do eventually end up getting the package, but months of waiting is kinda ridiculous

psydy: im not too sure what his deal was with sending a compensation package from japan (unless you mutually agreed that it was acceptable beforehand); not exactly the best way to handle the situation. If you still have the paypal transaction number in your email you could try calling paypal and filling for a item not described claim, but other than that can't really help you.
              insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• psidy
                • Sep 2014

Guun, what is your tracking number if you don't mind me asking? Also we did not agree on that package from Japan. I only became aware of it one day before it was delivered.
                Now yes he may not "scream" scammer but wolves in sheep's clothing usually don't....

Comment

• nahneun
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by psidy
                  Gregor, I have to strongly disagree with you. He is most definitely a clever, elaborate, and opportunistic scammer. My package was signed for and delivered to a good address in California, it's not in customs. (Btw, he is in Portugal now not Russia) Also it was sent first class mail so that information conveniently for him doesn't show online. Who knows what the deal is there and whether a shirt was even in that original package to begin with. What I can't figure out is why he scams. Is he like a rich celebrity that shoplifts just for the thrill or does he only revert to scamming when in financial crisis? This is speculation at this point but it looks like he is trying to start his own clothing manufacturing and also a fashion website. All these things cost alot of money. Maybe desperation, I don't know but I do know when I am being swindled. To be a scammer doesn't mean one needs to scam 100% of the time. That approach would be short lived anyway.
                  I disagree that he's clever, but he's most definitely a scammer.

Comment

• psidy
                    • Sep 2014

Yes, he most definitely is and in case members don't know, Nahneun had a huge ordeal with Eugene over at styleforum.

Comment

• nahneun
                      • Feb 2011

Yes, it's been a giant headache and I've written off the loss, but I think it's still my responsibility to make sure word gets out so that no one else gets scammed. Honestly, I should have done my research on him before I inadvertently financed his startup's R&D.

Grailed may have a zero tolerance policy on paper, but at the end of the day, they want as many transactions as possible to increase their revenue stream, and because Eugene lists a lot of high profile items, they might be looking the other way. I may be wrong about all this, but other posters have also said that their negative reviews were silenced on Grailed. As there is always an inherent risk in any online transaction of this nature, proceed with caution and if anything smells fishy, trust your gut.

Comment

• Skywalker13
                        • Nov 2014

Hi there,

I just want to say something concerning Eugene aka thirdofwaters since it seems that he was smashed here a lot the past days. I had a wonderful transaction with him one month ago, everything went fine. Since that I had some nice conversations with him, to me he's definitely an expert concerning artisanal stuff.

Of course he has a network all over the world, how can somebody offer such archival items without his people? I do not know any of this stories in detail, but I would buy from Eugene again.

To me he's not a scammer at all!

Comment

• nahneun
                          • Feb 2011

It doesn't matter if wormwood had 100 perfect transactions. His credibility was lost once he scammed even one person. As there are multiple victims, the inherent risk of getting scammed when dealing with him is high.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Skywalker13 View Post
                            Hi there,

I just want to say something concerning Eugene aka thirdofwaters since it seems that he was smashed here a lot the past days. I had a wonderful transaction with him one month ago, everything went fine. Since that I had some nice conversations with him, to me he's definitely an expert concerning artisanal stuff.

Of course he has a network all over the world, how can somebody offer such archival items without his people? I do not know any of this stories in detail, but I would buy from Eugene again.

To me he's not a scammer at all!
                            I assume you are either him, his friend or just ignorant.

the guy apparently is prone to extremely suspicious behaviour according to multiple people who have been scammed by him. Good for you if you managed to pull of a normal transaction with him, but it most certainly shouldn't be recommended to anyone at this point.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• darkbydesign
                              • Sep 2010

^^Agree that it's pretty clear that people have serious issues with him therefore if they are worried, then don't do transactions with him, but literally not knowing a single thing about this guy, I've bought like 3 things from him in the past year and every one of them surprisingly shows up just fine - even fast. Not saying I recommend the guy since I didn't even ever look at his first name, so could have cared less, but it does always strike me as weird that things go so wrong for everyone here with that guy. Literally I haven't even sent the dude a message most times. I'm the pay, never look back, and let things arrive when they do type and surprisingly (at least according to the feedback here) - everything arrives just fine every time. So I can back that and don't have any biased reason to except a statistic of 3 transactions bating 3 for 3 in the positive direction. I've had much worse transactions with much more highly regarded people on here to be honest. That's just the truth.

Comment

• k3mist
                                • Apr 2013

so i just got fucked over by this dude, leviward. sold him a yyph jacket 2 months ago, he sends a paypal dispute 2 weeks ago saying there are damages and somehow wins the dispute, now I have a negative balance on my paypal and a yyph jacket with holes in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎