X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuugaia
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
    I'm done trying their facial moisturizers though. Every single one I've tried eventually makes me breakout. I'm guessing it's the the naturals oils they use to replace anything synthetic that doesn't agree with my skin.. ugh what a waste. Still love everything else though, body wash, deodorant and masques.
    I don't find any of the face stuff particularly good; my friends disagree though so it's always going to be dependent on the person. I am in love with the hand-wash though haha. I have a thing with clean hands, and the scents they have are pretty dope.

You could try Philosophy for your face, I've been using it for about a year now and it works pretty well. I'm a sucker for their branding/packaging too.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
      • Sep 2008

I'm done trying their facial moisturizers though. Every single one I've tried eventually makes me breakout. I'm guessing it's the the naturals oils they use to replace anything synthetic that doesn't agree with my skin.. ugh what a waste. Still love everything else though, body wash, deodorant and masques.
      You might want to give their face oils a shot. Better suited for oily skin than their moisturizers imo.

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

I have such a large bottle of Bois d'Argent I've begun using it as a room spray. I feel so decadent.
        music

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I have such a large bottle of Bois d'Argent I've begun using it as a room spray. I feel so decadent.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• blowdown
            • Feb 2011

^ bois d'argent , great scent, never fails to get compliment from the ladies...fact...

try the ambre nuit and cologne royale, all great!

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by blowdown View Post
              ^ bois d'argent , great scent, never fails to get compliment from the ladies...fact...

Not to mention Leather Oud, the scent equivalent of a CCP leather jacket

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

I'm completely in love with the smell of Oud Ispahan

Comment

• blowdown
                  • Feb 2011

oud ispahan and leather oud both seemed a little too heavy and strong for me, unique nonetheless...one thing good is that u know the scent definitely stays for a long time

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

Yeah, I spray it in my hair and I can smell it for 2-3 days, and I shampoo every morning. It's amazing

Comment

• Law
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by galia View Post
                      I'm completely in love with the smell of Oud Ispahan
                      If you like Oud Ispahan you should try Guerlain Songe d'un Bois d'Été.

Comment

• unwashed
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by blowdown View Post

I always make sure to have Bois d'Argent available, the best
                        I sometimes mix it with a bit of Aesop Marrakech.

Also great are Vetiver and Granville (the latter is my current favorite)
                        Grailed link

Comment

• Shifts
                          • Jul 2013

I’m always surprised to see that Dior Bois d’Argent has such a big following and hardly ever see I anyone express the hate I feel for it.

I’ve had two different samples/decants of it and both has been identical. I’ve seen it described as a luxurious variation of the original Dior Homme. I perceive it as bleak and thin in comparison. It has a piercing and very nasty beyond-imagination-sweetness which make me recoil as if I’ve bitten into a piece of metal foil. Unnatural aspartam sweet. The horror!

Comment

• Scmick Schmowens
                            • Jul 2012

canned sardines by Connetable.

In what else does the basically best of something cost 2€?

Comment

• ahn
                              • Jul 2012

Aesop are quite famous for combining natural and synthetic materials; they are not a 'natural ingredients only' company.

I was given a sample and full size Geranium Leaf Body Cleanser from Aesop for my birthday (along with some other Aesop goodies such as hand cream and lip cream) - I can definitely say that while I did not have success with their face care line I am in LOVE with the body cleanser. It just has the most engaging scent and has a beautiful low foam that feels incredibly luxurious.

I'm also surprised at how much I enjoy using the lip cream. I've never liked the feeling of cream on my lips but this is velvety and absorbs very quickly leaving my lips feeling hydrated (normally very very dry) and not tacky.

So that's another win.

I wish I could say the same for their lip balm - I bought it because it was SPF30 and because I usually prefer balms, but the consistency is tacky and unpleasant.
                              some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Mirror&Rack
                                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
                                I’m always surprised to see that Dior Bois d’Argent has such a big following and hardly ever see I anyone express the hate I feel for it.

I’ve had two different samples/decants of it and both has been identical. I’ve seen it described as a luxurious variation of the original Dior Homme. I perceive it as bleak and thin in comparison. It has a piercing and very nasty beyond-imagination-sweetness which make me recoil as if I’ve bitten into a piece of metal foil. Unnatural aspartam sweet. The horror!
                                I completely agree, word for word. I find it to be one of the most revolting fragrances ever concocted. Eau Noire is nice, on the other hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎