X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

Montreal

Weird there's no Montreal thread. Anyway I've been there a few times, just not recently. Gonna go for a day with my girlfriend this Monday, any recommendations? I know les createurs and cahier d'exercise for women's clothes, which we'll definitely check out, but any good men's store? Just reborn?
  • Crowzer
    • Feb 2011

I lived in Montréal for 1 year in 2008. As you will stay just for one day, you can visit the Old-Montréal, it is a very nice place to see with many monuments to visit.

About clothes, you might be interested by Ssense, also located in the Old-Montréal.

Comment

• Nomad_
      • Jul 2012

Au Pied de Cochon- 536 Avenue Duluth Est

Foie gras poutin- best poutine ever... Their own homemade gravy mix is so good I've heard some ppl actually just go in to buy their gravy recipe and make it at home

But seriously try it, it's fuckin crack

Comment

• blackfedora
        • Jan 2012

Michel Brisson has men's RO, L&F and a few others at the Laurier street store. Last time I went the other location in Old Montreal, it was lacking in these brands but things might have changed since last year and since you're going to be in the area, it might be worth checking out.

Simon's has men's and women's RO, YY and sometimes some surprises when stuff goes on ridiculous sale.

Holt Renfrew has RO for women, maybe some other stuff.

TNT might have women's RO...in Toronto it does, but I'm not sure about Montreal.

Comment

• curiouscharles
          • Jan 2008

I think the lack of Montrealers in this thread just further emphasizes the Montreal attitude of "yeah we know it's great, now get the fuck out!".

On a side note, you can visit SSENSE?

-

Comment

• Fenix
            • Aug 2010

The clothes are nothing special. Cahier is worth checking out. Laura, the owner is super cool and keeps a nice mix in store. Skip les createurs...I despise that place but maybe I'm jaded. Simons is good for sales right now, men and womens.

Au pied has a food truck opening on the 18th. Should be cool to check out. The trucks are all the buzz right now since it's finally legal here.

All in all, skip the clothes if you're here for a day. Do some touristy shit and enjoy the culture of the city.
            Originally posted by hausofblaq
            Grow up.

Comment

• stagename
              • Oct 2011

For Simon's, it seems they transfered Rick Owens at the Laval store for some weird reason. Anyway. 50% off might be worth a trip. Also online.

Comment

• Marc04
                • Apr 2013

Simon's and Michel Brisson are a good place to go when the sale season start.

Ssense is also good for the large selection it's important to know they doesn't have all the online product in store and they also have some brand only avalible in store.

I also like to go to denis gagnon. It's a local designer located in the old port near Ssens and his piece are quite unique but the quality isn't the best.... It's kind of arts & craft.

There's also Philippe Dubuc on st-denis. It's a local designer too. The clothes are easy to wear.

I also love to go to Marie Saint Pierre it's womenswear designer but defiantly worth the look.

I don't like to go to Holt, Ogilvy or TNT because theirs selections of menswear are really small and the smaller size always sold really fast.

Comment

• amen
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                  Skip les createurs...I despise that place but maybe I'm jaded.
                  lol why would you despise Les, its easily the best shop in mtl. it' been around for 30 yrs, the owner is one of the biggest g's in the industry, they have exclusivity over all the big recognized sz brands (junya, ann, rick, haider) because they were on that tip longgggggg before everyone here and every other store that sprouted up a few years ago in mtl. really good buys, friendly staff and insane sales because they dont whore out online. sure the general clientèle is older and it doesnt try to be super cool and appeal to little blog kids but the store is older than most members here. sorry for the rant but what the hell is there to despise. cahier just picks up everything they drop and plays shitty house beats respect the g's, homeboy.

Comment

• Mar 2009

word. Les Createurs is an awesome store.

I'm glad alex.a brought up the CCA because it's easily one of my favourite place here.
                    Also agreeing with ashamed for Cheap Thrills. Good place. Sound Central is also good.

Bunch of good bands will be playing during RRRÖÖÖAAARRR at the Casa/Sala in august.
                    Last edited by ***; 11-26-2015, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• jamesd
                      • Sep 2008

Does anyone know if Kamkyl is still around in Montreal? I remember it being a neat little men's shop, but that was seven or eight years ago, so it might be long gone.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

Going to Montreal for a few days in lieu of Thanksgiving.

Any new shops or anything that would be cool to check out?

Any amazing restaurants or museums I need to see?
                        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• boodude
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                          Going to Montreal for a few days in lieu of Thanksgiving.

Any new shops or anything that would be cool to check out?

Any amazing restaurants or museums I need to see?

Nothing has changed much so same as above suggestions - michell brisson, les etoffes and simons - they have sales starting this weekend. Ssense in old montreal has none of the designers from this thread in the store ( on line only). I would check out the MAC and few museums. With the usd high you should hit the fine dinning as well. Lots of great restos ( yelp, google etc will help you with finding good ones). Also for hangs ( cafes etc) - old montreal/downtown for the tourist stuff and plateau/mile end/ little Italy for hipster cafes mixed with multi culti vibes.

Def fun city to waist time in. Enjoy!
                          Last edited by boodude; 11-25-2015, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• deadboy
                            • Jul 2013

Last time I was at Ssense they had some Haider, which was really cool to handle. But most of the stuff is online.

If you're into beer, Dieu Du Ciel! is a great place to visit for a few drinks. And there's also Joe Beef, which is famous for a reason.

Comment

• Mar 2009

The MAC is always worth the visit. DHC Art is one of my favourite (of that city). À table tout le monde, near the later, is a worth the visit if you want house and dishwares.

Perfecto and Bethlehem XXX are good places to eat and drink.

Fuck Joe Beef.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎