• Show
Clear All
  • interest1
    • Nov 2008

Balenciaga Sues Nicolas Ghesquiere

sain't
  • Bson
    • May 2013

Obviously there was more to the story than he even disclosed. His interview seemed so sincere, careful, and non-attacking.... Seems absurd that they would take such offense.

His photo is pretty handsome, though, at least... If I ever get publicly sued I hope to look as nice in the papers...

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

And he's just as handsome in person. Not super-tall, as I recall, but definitely a cutie.
      sain't

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Bson View Post
        Obviously there was more to the story than he even disclosed. His interview seemed so sincere, careful, and non-attacking.... Seems absurd that they would take such offense.

His photo is pretty handsome, though, at least... If I ever get publicly sued I hope to look as nice in the papers...
        it sounds like a lawsuit for breach of a non-disclosure agreement. the terms of an agreement like that can vary hugely, so it is not at all unlikely that he in a 15-page candid interview manages to say a couple of things that may be argued to be in violation of that agreement. it may be on a completely business-related piece of information and have nothing to do with anyone taking offense.

then whether or not it is good pr-strategy to sue someone who basically built the whole brand and already has the sympathy of the entire fashion community, is another matter....

kering=caring lolwut...

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Funny how Ghesquiere is still making headlines for Balenciaga – though he is no longer even there. Even funnier: who isn't making any for the house.
          sain't

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• malevich
              • Jun 2012

Apparently Balenciaga paid Ghesquiere 6.6million euros for terminating his contract before its expiration, as well as for refraining from negative remarks from both parties. And now Balenciaga is suing Nicolas for 7million and are obviously planning to base their accusations on the article. Sounds like they are trying to get their money back, cuz honestly comments in that article are not surprising or new at all. People are so touchy.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

It's totally fucked up and just show a) lack of class b) bullying tactics that are aimed to intimidate those in the industry that have a modicum of critical opinion left.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Scmick Schmowens
                  • Jul 2012

apparently the trial is set to start July 1:

to avoid bad press for everyone involved, I'd expect they settle it first...

Comment

• abouta6oy
                    • Jun 2014

guess new collections not selling at all

Comment

• Null12
                      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Bson View Post

That's what I am saying! Haha.

Comment

• grapefruitpop
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by malevich View Post
                        Apparently Balenciaga paid Ghesquiere 6.6million euros for terminating his contract before its expiration, as well as for refraining from negative remarks from both parties. And now Balenciaga is suing Nicolas for 7million and are obviously planning to base their accusations on the article. Sounds like they are trying to get their money back, cuz honestly comments in that article are not surprising or new at all. People are so touchy.
                        No, its just about the $$$.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by grapefruitpop View Post
                          No, its just about the $$$.
                          In fashion, I'd say both, touchy and $$$.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎