X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LOVE
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Shucks View Post

it's usually a sign of rising labor costs.
    the brand is doing really well right now, god forbid they pay their workers a living wage. it's unjustifiable to me.

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

zippers and buttons matter enormously, as silly as that sounds. furthermore, i was always of the opinion that rick really excelled at that. the power of the details, like the heavy zipper and the long natural drawstring. and this particular collection is so zipper oriented that they damn well better be quality zippers that suit the aesthetic, and not a purely functional cost cutter.
      Last edited by cjbreed; 01-03-2014, 11:49 AM.
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• delicious_not
        • Dec 2012

i love buttons in the current season. they're great black buttons. wouldn't mind to see them as a standard on any black or grey future rick.

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          I could not agree more. There is a difference between cost-cutting and insulting your customer's intelligence. The former will still have the customer buying, the latter, you are risking losing a customer.

Shucks, I must disagree with you there. ANY designer who is in the luxury segment of the market should be using quality materials. I don't mind polyester and plastic, but it has to be done well and not look cheap (as is the case with CDG).
          agree as well. I know it's not a popular brand here but I have huge respect for the quality of Engineered Garments I have stuff from years ago and the fabrics and build quality are indistinguishable from current collections. I wish I could say the same for rick. I've returned two new rick blazers in the past year and that's just the beginning of quality issues I have seen.

Comment

• LOVE
            • Dec 2007

^anyone who tries to justify outrageous prices and quality cutbacks on rising manufacturing costs, etc. needs to look at EG. both the clothes and the price points.

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

yeah if you're paying 2k for an uncanvassed blazer with plastic buttons I just don't know what to say. I think the longer I work for my money the more I expect and therefore the less I buy.

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

^^troof
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• yffet
                  • Aug 2009

Read this thread this morning and went to some shop in Paris to touch some Rick leather. Was so disapointed by the Stooges suede. Never touched something that feel so cheap and thin and costs 1800 euros at the same time.

In another hand i'm so impressed by the quality of the Low Dunk Sneakers (Island), the materials are really amazing (Pony, and 2x type of leather). Well, copped them in a heartbeat even if i am not a big fan of Rick footwear and was looking for a leather jacket after all.

Didnt have the chance to touch some 2014 stuff yet, but i have the feeling that we ll have to wait FW14-15 to buy some stuff that worth, at least, a quarter of the retail price.

Finger crossed.
                  Last edited by yffet; 01-03-2014, 03:48 PM.
                  Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• mikko
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by yffet View Post
                    Finger crossed.
                    That's a koan if I've ever seen one.

Comment

• BrianK
                      • Jan 2013

Dont know if anyone seen these but apparently they're new geobaskets thats be available on march 31.
                      Is it just me or does it look slightly pinkish? And the black on the other geo seems to be a matte finish

Last edited by Dane; 01-09-2014, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

those are actually parchment-colored (off-white).

since you seem to be very interested in discussing geobaskets, i suggest you post those types of things HERE instead, to avoid turning this thread into a sneaker cul de sac.

also (i'm gonna sound like interest1 now...) we don't really need four enormous photos of those kicks. delete/resize please.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                          • Sep 2008

Comment

• mrbeuys
                            • May 2008

Tried the long sleeve onesie today and wore it around a bit. I am going to sit this one out and wait for the body bag from FW14.
                            But I did want to own pretty much everything else on the rails. Super nice materials, loved the leathers, tuxedo pants. I maintain this is the best SS from Rick for some time.
                            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post

Tried the long sleeve onesie today and wore it around a bit. I am going to sit this one out and wait for the body bag from FW14. . . .
                              Sooo, you think we might be able to get one in leather?

sain't

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎