Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stemcell
    • Jul 2011

I think this is great, but I am also apparently some derelict that loves Mountain and Naska above all, and definitely at least enjoyed Island. Plinth is not appealing to me in the least, but I think this new collection looks nice, the show looks so fun

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      ....some new things thrown in like the cut-outs. ..
      yes it appears adidas is not the only collaboration. looks like eric glennie got in on the action as well...

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      oh - the zippers appear to have reverted to the "classic" we all love.
      you know what...this matters. i was going to ask if he had gone back to the original zipper. one of rick's strengths has always been his use of details like this zipper and the drawstring. so glad he hasn't abandoned that. especially in this collection which is obviously very zipper heavy
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

so glad the masses have sneakers they can run in now, god knows the other 4000 available pairs weren't cutting it.

This seems a blatant reach for more urban dollars as these are only $100 more than LeBrons.

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

every new collection makes me wish I'd not sold some of my old pieces.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            every new collection makes me wish I'd not sold some of my old pieces.
            Dude, don't Merz this thread...
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

loooooool! new verb introduced!

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

Definition is here:

merz

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                  yes it appears adidas is not the only collaboration. looks like eric glennie got in on the action as well...

ROxEG. has a nice ring to it.

you know what...this matters. i was going to ask if he had gone back to the original zipper. one of rick's strengths has always been his use of details like this zipper and the drawstring. so glad he hasn't abandoned that. especially in this collection which is obviously very zipper heavy
                  I think the zippers matter too...especially, as you said, considering its heavy use in this collection.

Agreed that there is no standout piece in this collection, but the zipped vests are great and really set the "tone". I have a feeling the in-store experience will differ greatly from what's being show, and most of these outfits look very similar.

Overall I'm pleased with the show...not jumping up and down excited...but it's all very wearable and thoughtful, which is what I'm appreciating more and more in my old age.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• macuser2of5
                    • Apr 2010

seems he has traded his gym-rattiness for running gear. Gonna be strange if our boy rick turns into a wispy marathoner.

Comment

• jogu
                      • Jun 2009

i stayed up and saw the nowfashion pix as they streamed live and i wasnt that into it . just woke up and looked thru it again and im not lovin this collection . im sure my opinion will change once i see the stuff as it trickles into stores next feb but i dont like lapel less jackets to begin with so that killed a bunch of it for me already . idk bout them sneakers either . for me its not about stagnation or changing too much or too little , i embraced and love the past few seasons but this particular one im just not feelin ... yet . rite now i keep thinking this is some kinda rick simons :(

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

...have you seen the latest raf show, god help us all

Comment

• Dreavan
                          • Mar 2012

I'm not very convinced by this collection but I'd like to have a close up to the shoes.

Of course the story is cool but I'm not that surprised. It's hard for RO to surprise now but he is still very into the mood.

I especially like the zip story too even if it reminds many things from past collections here and there.

Anyway, I'll go checking it by myself in store next year :D

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

I must admit, the teenage werewolf gym brats give the show a 'mid-life crisis' flavor I wasn't expecting, but let's be thankful that the models weren't driven onto the runway in a brand new red corvette.

Clothes are hard not to like because they're so wearable – just about everything, piece per piece, is incorporate-able into one's own wardrobe, which is always appreciated.

I want one of the long fringe belts. You could wear that a million ways. And although I could only wear the jumpsuit (realistically) one way, I want one of those, too.

And Dane - the pointy shoes with that faux buckle look: that's the Puritan in Rick.
                            And we love that.
                            sain't

Comment

• miserableman
                              • Dec 2009

definitely does have an element of raf in it, the whole shorts and black socks thing is totally lost on me, looks completely ridiculous, like the kind of thing you'd choose to wear if you wanted to look as nerdy as possible.

Comment

• editevening
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                                Well, there's that point of course. But Creatch was great for SS. And I think so is this. And I usually never like any SS when I first see them.
                                Totally agree. SS has always been the B-Sides to my Rick wardrobe.

Happy it's all black. Very vertically linear, strong sense of efficiency and speed.
                                #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎