X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Tim Blanks review up at style.com

"This is my revenge…my vicious revenge. I was always a fan, but I was never this great. This is what I wanted to be."
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• jogu
      • Jun 2009

wow , that was pretty fuckin great . after i read it i went thru and looked at everything all over again and then the detailed shots while keeping in mind what was said . in the up close shots i saw that everything was still there and familiar , theres still panels over shorts and long pants , still xtra long sleeves on jackets and tailored blazers over cropped trousers w/ boots . my perception of the collection has changed for the better , i admit i like it a lil more now

Comment

• upsilonkng
        • May 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post

"This is my revenge…my vicious revenge. I was always a fan, but I was never this great. This is what I wanted to be."
        I have to admit that review is total horseshit, just an old man trying to find something that definitely isn't there.. try wearing short shorts and some running shoes to a hardcore show and then tell people ur vicious, I would like to be 10 ft away to youtube that shit.. Nice review from a guy that has never been describing something that definitely isn't what the title indicates. i guess that's what reviews are anyways, just people that can't describing something that isn't while trying to make it something more than what it is.

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

Often times yes. Art that needs explanation lacks something visceral

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by jogu View Post
            wow , that was pretty fuckin great . after i read it i went thru and looked at everything all over again and then the detailed shots while keeping in mind what was said . in the up close shots i saw that everything was still there and familiar , theres still panels over shorts and long pants , still xtra long sleeves on jackets and tailored blazers over cropped trousers w/ boots . my perception of the collection has changed for the better , i admit i like it a lil more now
            i knew you'd warm to it... :)

also, interest1 - i pretty much agree with every single thing you wrote there. totally see how every piece can work (except fringes). i'm crushing on the mesh tanks and the jumpsuits - especially this one:

ps. upsilon - the singer in the most badass local HC band here wears straight-up daisy dukes and running shoes. nobody'd ever tell HIM he's not vicious.

Comment

• Vanna
              • May 2008

^ I want that one, too.

But I do see how poom poom shorts ad Tina Turner fringe aren't very "Vicious."
              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Uncontrol
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post

It's telling how little of this review actually mentions the clothing.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

and its definitely on point. the show was mesmerizing and kind of nauseating (the loudness, crazy pace, spinning platform), I don't remember anything about the clothes, I had to recap everything from my camera.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• i-d-g
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                    Often times yes. Art that needs explanation lacks something visceral
                    kunk, i think your statement is very telling about this collection as a whole..
                    “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• stemcell
                      • Jul 2011

Mr. Owens invited a punk band called Winny Puhh to perform in the center of his runway. And if his clothes looked cooler this season, it was because they were stripped down — or, as he put it, “big and dumb and stripped down.”

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

oh for fucks sake... the first words from a Rick Owens runway review:
                        First there was Raf Simons’s show on the outskirts of Paris....
                        has there ever been a single post or article by her that doesn't jerk off Raf?
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

and the entire raf collection was straight wtf
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Servo2000
                            • Oct 2006

More photos of the S/S 14 collection via Gallery Aesthete are up at SZ Mag.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• jogu
                              • Jun 2009

im kinda liking this more w/ each new image of the garments close up . still those shoes :( no maam

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

I like that this is a REAL spring/SUMMER collection. So many designers still rely on outwear or heavy layering to make impactful runway looks for SS collections. I like the overall look of a streamlined silhouette, long slim tunic or jacket with single off center zipper and slim pants. As a collection, it does seem to be lacking in ideas compared to most of Rick's collections which usually propose or refine several new shapes/patterns/materials. But hey, not every collections can be mind blowing. The quietness of the clothes (for Rick at least) with the craziness of the band provides a kind of surreal juxtaposition that I really enjoy. The SZ pics where you can see the band going berserk in the background behind each model are pretty hilarious.
                                music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎