Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

theres a vid of the show up on youtube , not an official one . music sounds kinda like a more melodic duotron ( if anyones familiar w them ) , or even somethin like arab on radar

Comment

• upsilonkng
      • May 2010

Originally posted by jogu View Post
      theres a vid of the show up on youtube , not an official one . music sounds kinda like a more melodic duotron ( if anyones familiar w them ) , or even somethin like arab on radar
      dude this doesn't sound like arab on radar?!? this music is just straight euro fake ass hardcore, this shit's about as hard as caramel. I played w/ Arab on Radar and this couldn't be further from them because it's fuckin garbage and really only fit for eurovision, it's what parents think is shocking and a great soundtrack for the failure that was presented, easily the worse music and vision Rick's ever done. I can say it was some of the laziest shit I've ever seen associated w/ Rick but since fw13 was so good for men and women I'll just assume he was spent. Still love rick and I'm sure I'll buy something from this collection just not a single thing from the runway.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

lol so much hate.

obviously the music is supposed to be ridiculous. no point in being upset about it. that's like hating on rick for liking hardstyle (showtek), glam rock (kiss, alice cooper) etc. and camp is part of his universe.

anyway, yeah it's not a challengingly radical collection. so what. he's earned his right to chill every now and then, no? to me this collection is what everyone complaining that drkshdw is now the only good rick stuff, has been asking for: wearability.

i'm w/ casem on this.

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

the fucks up with your hostility upsilonking
          Last edited by jogu; 06-29-2013, 04:45 AM. Reason: not gonna be a jerk

Comment

• cyberthom
            • Nov 2011

video up on http://rickowens.eu

Comment

• morsto
              • Nov 2008

I normally have an easy time performing mental masturbation to ricks things, the amount of rick in my closet is a witness of this, but I find this absolutely stale. Rehashes and basic things, literally zero surprises scrolling through. Also the sneakers look absolutely stupid, though I'm sure they will sell out instantly to the braindead streetwear crowd they are aimed at. Smells like the third season in a row where I won't be buying anything.
              I do not recognise the vessel,
              but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• whtnnk986
                • Feb 2012

Amazing show by Rick Owens. I like this collection in general. The items are very wearable, though I am not too convinced about the long fringe belts and the window shape cut-outs.

Comment

• stemcell
                  • Jul 2011

hostility
                  Yeah I don't get why anyone would really hate this. I feel like it was supposed to be irritating, and the clothes were clearly supposed to be kind of... irrelevant. Which is a nice commentary in a way isn't it? These designers have to re-release crazy new ideas every six months, Rick already rebels against that by making very small changes and using a lot of repetition, maybe this was just the next step... I feel like it was a ridiculous fuck you to everyone, I mean did you see his face when he comes out at the end? He looks like he is about to explode with laughter, almost as if he goes up to the mic to say "thank you" but can't even get a word out cause he'd just collapse with the tickles. Spring collections are practically a waste, barely anyone is buying anything at retail, his brand is being overrun by an obnoxious new fanbase of pyrex queens, and I think the least he can do is say fuck it all and smile. I thought everyone on this forum would adore this collection because it seemed so scaled down, and a bit more similar to things that came before mountain... but I guess you can't please everyone. There's always next time

Comment

• AliWong
                    • Jan 2013

Adi-owens.

This view of the rick x adidas collab makes them looks passable, and dare I say more functional? (as a runner.) Though I am sure that tongue will still get in the way.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

• mizzar
                      • Mar 2008

tongue would shurelly fold over like on a soccer boots.
                      It's still better then Raf's
                      ____
                      sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• amen
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                        lol so much hate.

obviously the music is supposed to be ridiculous. no point in being upset about it. that's like hating on rick for liking hardstyle (showtek), glam rock (kiss, alice cooper) etc. and camp is part of his universe.
                        lol ya i dont think rick ever takes his music very seriously ie zebra kats paris is burning. i think its supposed to be energetic and have a good flow for a show and also sorta be a joke. the doods were wearing wolf masks and dangling from chords at the end obviously wasnt supposed to actually be hardcore.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                          • May 2010

the fucks up with your hostility upsilonking
                          sorry man, when u compare a euro talent show side act to a good band it's irritating. maybe I shouldnt have gone off but maybe we shouldnt compare joke bands to real bands as well.

Comment

• several_girls
                            • Nov 2010

Are we looking at the same collection? It could be the black, it could be the 480p-quality video (which focused more on Winny Puhh than the clothes), it could be low-res photos in poor lighting, whatever. Several posters have said Rick has brought nothing new, it's just rehash, but I see lots of innovation here. There's:
                            • a new leather jacket design
                            • new shorts. look carefully since you only catch a fleeting glimpse of them on the model's walk back: a zip that runs from the hem on one side, across the seat all the way to the other hem
                            • new tanks/singlets. a) several that are zipped, mesh, and not racer-back. b) they come in leather too c) zipped singlet/sleeveless tee, it's thigh-length, seems to be poplin d) two that are a draped asymmetrical design, cut-out side
                            • collar-less coats. someone mentioned raf and i agree. i actually think this is a killer look, shorts and the long jacket. there's huge volume on the sleeves, which i suppose isn't completely new, but sleeve volume has been new since plinth. most everything else he's made the sleeves are cut especially tight; a signature in his outerwear.
                            • onesie/jumpsuit

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

i love the ma-1 with the assymetric zip but a onesie and new singlets are hardly anything to get excited over.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post

did u see this guy tho? am i wrong in saying there's a resemblance?
                                There was one more guy whom my girlfriend pointed out and said that must be Rick's lost son.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎