X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luzek
    • Jun 2011

the fabric manipulation is beautiful! very interested to know how you actually finished your pieces.. what process/processes did you put your fabrics/materials through? thanks ;)

Comment

• ZAZ
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by luzek View Post
      the fabric manipulation is beautiful! very interested to know how you actually finished your pieces.. what process/processes did you put your fabrics/materials through? thanks ;)
      Thanks!

Comment

• ZAZ
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Graygoose View Post
        Beautiful fabrics, very well done.

Thanks!

Comment

• stoic
          • Aug 2015

amazing

Comment

• surver
            • Oct 2007

NO ONE sees the obviously blatant derivation and resemblance to Uma Wang??? from the shapes/volumes to the styling to the pocket/sleeve details... everything...

each piece seems directly 'lifted' from Uma's collections as the 'original image' to reproduce... there is NOTHING original here save perhaps a bit of handcrafting skills!!!

how shameless of you to show this here to gain praise!!! how dare you claim it's your 'work' whilst you are just trying to reproduce the effects of several of Uma's garments that you've perhaps only seen in pictures?!?!?!!!
            Last edited by surver; 08-17-2015, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

Well show us what you mean, dude.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                • Jan 2011

While I can certainly see the logic in the above line of thinking and the similarities in fabrications and silhouette to some of Uma Wang's work, as noted, the fabrics themselves are very impressive and lovely. Bravo!

Comment

• clay
                  • Sep 2006

Yeah UW may be an influence , but if Zaz made these fabrics by his/her own research and development it is truly worthy of appreciation itself. It looks fantastic! And the simple silhouettes are perfect for such richly textured fabrics. UW work was influenced by other greats we know here also. So lighten up please. I would also like to see anyone show something they made that is at least as compelling as Z's work .

Comment

• Blacknight
                    • May 2013

Surver, if you were to flip your shit on all those who's work has, at some point, been a derivative of more noteworthy predecessors, then I think you might just actually run out of exclamation points.

The focus here is on the fabrics, is it not? Relax.

Comment

• surver
                      • Oct 2007

you all should go visit and see Uma's work in person first, before making these naive comments. and yes, it is about FABRIC, and how the fabric is translated into its final form as a garment.

what is being shown here is, almost, LITERALLY trying to replicate both fabric + form she has seen from various UW pieces and claiming them as her own.

Comment

• surver
                        • Oct 2007

in case you all are wondering, i do know and am very clear about the difference between 'inspired by' and 'direct plagiarism'.

it is stuff like this that are spawning the rampage of fakes and copies flooding the china market of all the respected designers in this forum... all your unknowing, uninitiated naivete-s are just giving encouragement and 'justification' to these people for what they are doing.

please look up www.taobao.com and flip through all the fakes/copies that ride the coattails of almost every single designer under discussion in this forum.

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by surver View Post
                          in case you all are wondering, i do know and am very clear about the difference between 'inspired by' and 'direct plagiarism'.

it is stuff like this that are spawning the rampage of fakes and copies flooding the china market of all the respected designers in this forum... all your unknowing, uninitiated naivete-s are just giving encouragement and 'justification' to these people for what they are doing.

please look up www.taobao.com and flip through all the fakes/copies that ride the coattails of almost every single designer under discussion in this forum.
                          That's good but once again, can we see the actual Uma pieces you think are being ripped off here? I couldn't find anything during a quick search so this discussion is kind of in a vacuum for now.

Comment

• surver
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                            That's good but once again, can we see the actual Uma pieces you think are being ripped off here? I couldn't find anything during a quick search so this discussion is kind of in a vacuum for now.
                            please spend a bit of time sifting through her collections: www.umawang.com and you will understand what i have been saying. of course it would help if you have first hand experience with her fabrics...

Comment

• bukka
                              • Sep 2011

please spend a bit of time sifting through her collections: www.umawang.com and you will understand what i have been saying. of course it would help if you have first hand experience with her fabrics...
                              Do you have first hand experience with Zaz work? How does that help?
                              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Arkady
                                • Apr 2011

OK for a third time -- now that you're officially being an annoying asshole on a thread for someone's original work -- can you please post what you think is a direct rip if you're going to accuse people of plagiarism? It's no one's job to figure out what you're referring to.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎