Comment

• boodude
      • Oct 2012

fitted pics

Love the jacket! Any chance for fitted pics? Thx

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Per multiple requests, here are images of the jacket being worn. This is a size 50 jacket being worn by a model (I use the term loosely as it is me ) with a 19.75" actual chest and 6' in height.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Have been receiving several inquiries regarding order placements so I thought I'd address it here for everyone.

Retail sites are still in the process of being worked out. In the meantime, any and all ordering related inquiries may be directed either to me via PM or via email at collateralconcepts@gmail.com

All items are available on a made to order basis from this collection currently.

As it has always been, each and every item from beginning to end is constructed by me. All aspects of creation, production and all text/photography is a solo venture.

Thanks again ladies and gentlemen!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

Great job. Your written explanations are much appreciated.
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Futurewerk

Over the next several months I will be doing a lot of in-house R&D regarding dilatant based body armor and its integration and relation to garments.

Based on published journal articles, I'll be creating the functional dilatant and constructing the armor patterns and testing them at the local gun range and in the studio to confirm ballistic resistance.

After that, the patternwork will continue and the material will be integrated and adapted for the 4th iteration leather jacket as I plan on using a version of it personally for motorcycle use.

I'll also be developing anatomic and movement based wearable, flexible ballistic armor as well; taking my designs to a further functional capability.

I will post process/progress as it develops.

Comment

• modalsaliency
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                Futurewerk
                After that, the patternwork will continue and the material will be integrated and adapted for the 4th iteration leather jacket as I plan on using a version of it personally for motorcycle use.
                I can't begin to tell you all the ways in which I am interested in this.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by modalsaliency View Post
                  I can't begin to tell you all the ways in which I am interested in this.
                  I'll write more as the project evolves, but I'm working on an alternative to the ugly, chunky padded jackets worn as safety gear. The only other existing alternative right now would just be thin kevlar sewn into jackets or into jeans and then charges a huge premium.

Using readily available technology, you can keep the thickness down and actually increase its functional capability.

Comment

• Chim
                    • Dec 2006

damn Albert, 4th iteration is fantastic. Horsehair bracelet is immediately iconic. You've really started to hit your flow, love the addition of the external pockets of the leather jacket. Congratulations

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words.

For those that may be interested, the photo shoot used one size 50 Horween horsehide leather jacket.

This piece is available now at a reduced price.

Aside from the shoot, it has not been worn/used, and will come with the requisite storage bags/hanger.

Please PM if interested.
                      Last edited by Chinorlz; 09-04-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• church of tiamat
                        • Sep 2013

you put great effort into your work. this movement leather jacket is really amazing, so are other pieces. really great job

Comment

• samlasamla
                          • Sep 2011

great collection, brilliant as always. do you plan to produce any t-shirts or card cases as you did for the 3rd iteration?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

^ Thanks my friend.

No new card cases (although I have constructed a simple business card case for personal use which I'll post photos of later this week) or shirts for the time being.

Thanks to all that have inquired about availabilities and orders.

All pieces from this collection are now able to be ordered directly through the studio. You may contact me via PM or through e-mail at collateralconcepts@gmail.com . All works are made to order.

Comment

• lazyguru
                              • Jun 2008

Preaching to the choir here , but damn this man is talented
                              Bravo sir!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Worked on another piece completed over the course of one week.

A combination of leatherwork and metalwork.

Horween Shell Cordovan, cut by hand and then all edges beveled using handheld instruments.

Designed to hold business cards or ID/Credit Cards easily with a curved front panel for the pocket for easily visualization as well as a natural and intuitive method for sliding the cards out of the case.

The pattern is cut from Horween Shell Cordovan plates and each plate only has a single makers mark stamp on the backside of it. This is the face that typically never gets to see the light of day as it has all of the splash marks and irregularities that come from the 6 month process it takes to bring it from raw hide to true shell cordovan. To me, this is the most beautiful face as each one is completely unique and the Horween stamp is applied by hand in Chicago as the final step of this long process.

The exterior of the case shows the smooth deep lustrous black that comes from the layers and layers of hand applied dye and which is then struck through under the watchful eye of the tanners at Horween.

The case is finished with hand applied wax to all beveled edges and then rubbed with a cloth until the wax melts, fuses and gives the edges a lovely shine. The heavy thread ends are also fused in place with a tiny piece of Texas beeswax and a flash of heat.

A panel of 0.925 sterling silver is hand hammered on an anvil until thin and textured before the custom made Collateral stamp is applied. The edges are filed by hand to smooth and even them out. Two thin silver wires are then welded to the back to function as a "staple" to affix it to the right lower corner of the outside of the case. Finally, the silver panel is polished to a lovely finish.

Each item should have a story. Each material and component of this work required up to half a year to reach even the state of being ready for this pattern and I hope that it brings a depth to each piece.

Dimensions:
                                Width 2.75"
                                Length Closed 4"
                                Total 8"

Will last a lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎