Be-laaaa's not deeeeaaaad

Comment

• galia
      • Jun 2009

undead undead undead

Comment

• schemedream
        • Jan 2013

I'm curious to see how much traction the industry will get with this. The speculation nodding towards the global political unrest as well as the recession may steep into parts of our culture and I'd like to think that it may influence other parts of the arts and fashion, but as is mentioned how likely is that? I will admit that living the SF bay area I've finally noticed a shift in the art. It's becoming darker and a bit more brooding, albeit a slowly and it's still quite tame.

Watching how much the punk aesthetic has been bastardized as well as commodified over the past 20 years doesn't give me any hope in regards to how far profiteers will take something that is a part of a culture they don't understand and turn it into something that is easily digestible and packaged for the masses. I guess in the end it really comes down to margins and quarterly earnings. Or is it closer to the conversation happening in the WTF thread about people recycling motifs and ideologies in a vain attempt to recreate something that is fresh that resonates with people in their meanderings in search of their creative "voice"?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Well, Hot Topic has done the job in the watering down and bastardization department (All Saints on a higher level). Fashion is playing catchup in this case.

We can only wait and see what happens. Well, we saw what MJ did for his last LV collection. That will be copied for sure.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎