Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gavroche88
    • Jun 2010

I think this collection looks great, although it's not in my own aesthetic and I wouldn't wear it. He mentioned in an interview that this collection is "body-conscious" and that feels about right.

Honestly, though, I'm not seeing the Cloak connection that others are identifying in his recent work except a handful of pieces from the first collection. He often says that he's doing a grown-up version of Cloak, but most of this stuff feels a lot more youthful to me than did Cloak (and maybe that's a good thing for the designer). His recent work, including this one, feels to me to concentrate more on silhouette, minimalism, and proportions. I've sensed that in some AP button-ups that I wear regularly, in that they're now built around a single idea -- usually how and where the shirt pinches the body, where the pockets sit on the chest, etc. For the most part, Cloak was deliberately understated riffs on pre-WWII clothing that demanded you take more than a 2-second glance to see their uniqueness. What I like (and very much dislike) about recent AP collections is that the understated-ness of subtle details has completely disappeared in favor of cultivating new shapes and proportions.

Comment

• shawn
      • Apr 2007

Don't feel it. Alex can do much better imo. Why narrow down his designs to such styles that everyone else is doing.

Don't tell me there or here are different. Not everyone is a fashion designer.

Miss the Cloak days.

Comment

• Lane
        • Aug 2010

I agree with the cold dye being the only ugly part about this collection, its something I liked about Boris stuff in the beginning, and then slowly disliked. Zippers are kinda funky too, but I like the neckline of the jacket.

I love how there's a good balance between feminine and masculine aspects to the design. Not too overblown one way or the other, its the way I like collections to be done.

Comment

• MajesticMap
          • Nov 2011

this reminds me of that weird, too-hip line Demobaza. so excessive and bizarre. that said, I like some of the individual pieces and LOOK 10 is absolutely bangin'!
          is that make sense to ya'll?!

Comment

• okayvin
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Agent L View Post
            MODS, PLEASE DELETE / CLOSE THREAD.
            Why?

Comment

• gavroche88
              • Jun 2010

Wasn't quite sure where to post this, and apologies if I missed it elsewhere, but Alexandre Plokhov for Helmut Lang:

And some better photos. All looks simple, and I quite like the green button up and the v-neck sweater:
              Shop The Latest Helmut Lang Collections at www.helmutlang.com. The largest selection of sweatshirts, hoodies, t-shirts, dresses & skirts, jackets & outerwear, tops, sweaters and pants.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎