• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dreavan
    • Mar 2012

Lutz Huelle

Hello guys,

I hope you are all doing well. I wanted to talk about a designer I've been lately working with because I really believe in what he is doing and you might be interested.

The designer is Lutz Huelle, a native german who has been graduated at Central Saint Martins. He moved to France in the mid 90's and assisted Martin Margiela into the precious knitwear and special projects divisions.

He decided to launch his own story in 2000 and is part of the Fédération Française de la Couture since 2002. He is also one of a very few who won the Andam award twice.

Based in Paris, Lutz Huelle is getting his inspiration by "moments of life" of a woman. His collections illustrate the destructuration of the clothes, the refined knitwear mastering and a woman who is independant, strong and feminine. The identity of his brand is very specific and each theme Lutz Huelle decides to develop remains to a deep story in which he uses his talent to show the world what is that about.

His last collection The Getaway SS14 is typically one of the numerous chapter of Lutz Huelle never ending story.

There is his website : http://lutzhuelle.com/

• Verdandi
    • Mar 2012

Thank you for starting this thread, Dreavan!

I've been buying and wearing his clothes for a couple of years now and think that he is one of the most underrated designers out there. In fact, I always thought he would go back to Margiela after Martin left. His clothes, to me at least, always feel a bit Margiela like, but not in a copied way. He certainly has his own vision.
    lavender menace

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

I took a look around and think the pants, especially, are all really great.

The ombre and other effects give loads of character to what is typically the hardest piece of clothing to elevate. Pants are generally kept safe, so it's nice to see somebody offering an exception to that common rule.
      sain't

Comment

• Dreavan
        • Mar 2012

Yes guys I have to agree that he is an underrated designer but I know he is much considered by other great designers and he also is one of the nicest person I ever met.

His SS14 collection is very cool and I like the idea of the gradation of colors. All materials (silk, fine popeline, wool blends or also hand painted cotton pants are all used in a way he is able to show what you can do the best with those fabrics. Wrapped tops, large pants, very nice jackets using Viscose/Linen or Cotton/Linen blends and a high quality knitwear as usual.

The pricing is also really affordable for such a good job.

To me, everything is nicely thought to match very different expectations and needs during summer and also different types of women + some pieces are reversible, unisex, wearable in different ways and versatile to make the experience funnier.

He is of course way better at offering "crazy" pieces during winter collections by using heavy materials and shapes.

Comment

• CAIN
          • Jun 2013

This is amazing Dreavan! Thanks for sharing, the cardigan with the back on front is gorgeous, so simple and well executed... He Have a very impresive stocklist aswell!

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

This looks good - thanks Dreavan.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dreavan
              • Mar 2012

You're welcome guys.

Yes his stocklist is small but very high level. I also really like the knit piece that you can wear with back on front ^^. It went as a best seller during the sales campaign.

The use of organza and pleats are also a mark of his identity. He likes to play with layerings and clashes of fabrics to build up a unique silhouette. Have you seen the winter looks? I hope to work on his next precollection.

Comment

• Verdandi
                • Mar 2012

In conversation with Diane Pernet about his Spring/Summer 15 collection, which for some reason isn't anywhere to be found online yet.

I stil think he is crazy underrated and would love to have him back at MMM.
                lavender menace

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎