Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. RAW

Default R.I.P. RAW

Hi all,

Unsure where I should be posting this as there isn't really a section for it.

Anyway, it has come to my attention that Raw @ Benny took his own life on the 27th of October, I don't have much detail but according to his friends he has been struggling with depression for a while.

To those of you out there that might have experienced the same thoughts and emotions that he did, even if they only last a few fleeting moments: seek help.

Peace.
    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

That's awful, so sorry to hear that :(

Rest in peace Raw.

I wonder if this should be moved elsewhere, so people who knew him can have a better chance to see it and pay their respects.
    Last edited by docus; 11-08-2013 at 08:43 PM.

RIP Benny . Didn't know him well, but I always enjoyed our chats and he was always a very helpful and kind guy in our interactions. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

good idea, docus.

Aw fuck. I've had a few conversations with him over the years and he was always incredibly helpful, patient, and understanding.

Agreed this should be moved. He was a good guy and I think others in the forum that knew him would appreciate knowing.

Wow. Huge shock!

Always seemed like a good guy on here and in the conversations that we had via PMs etc.

I hope that he has found his peace.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Rip Ben..
    Focusing on object details

Oh shit

I email Benny occassionally from time to time, and his replies were always prompt and concise. As people have mentioned, he's one of the most down to earth members on the forums.

I emailed him a week or so ago but realised something was odd because he didnt reply me. So I just left it and assumed he went on a holiday

RIP good man
    Last edited by savant; 11-09-2013 at 02:13 AM.

super good dude, so sad to see this happened, i think we talked once about devoa, it was very pleasant and he seemed pretty passionate. and he sent me links when I was looking for stuff... will be missed.

Great Guy, Horrible news.

R.I.P

I remember his waywt posts. So young. So sad.

If you remember them, you remember the reactions he got. It should remind us all that fashion is as superficial as it can get and you never know what is bubbling underneath from a picture.
    I hope the place where you are now is better for you, B. You will be missed.

^^^ what DRRRK said. Not trying to guilt trip anyone, but I can't help but feel that clothing/fashion/SZ/the Internet had a good part to do in his life; and certainly hope that all the crude, unconstructive remarks he got did not add on to his depression.

Damn. I only communicated with him a couple of times, I really liked this guy; seemed very genuine n all. It really does sucks to know he has left us in such an unfortunate manner.

I am very sad to hear this. I didn't know Raw that well, but he pm:ed me several times when I needed help and acted in a very thoughtful, engaged and considerate way. He was one of the good guys.
    The morning is not enough.

shocked , he had a good eye and demeanour. He rode the WAYWT episode like a trooper and stayed the course, gave me some good advice R.I.P
    She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?

So sorry to hear... Although I have never been too much in touch with him, through the forums, I have a feeling of familiarity. This really touches me. Sincere condolences to all his friends, family and those who will miss him. Hope there is a better life for you, Raw, wherever you are now.
    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

This is just horrible to hear.

Benny was an absolute gentleman, one of the kindest, most respectful people to correspond with [via] digital means.

Here's hoping you've found peace Benny.

-

Incredibly sad to hear this. While my only familiarity was within the context of this forum, SZ brothership runs deep. Rest in peace, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by DRRRK View Post

If you remember them, you remember the reactions he got. It should remind us all that fashion is as superficial as it can get and you never know what is bubbling underneath from a picture.
    I hope the place where you are now is better for you, B. You will be missed.
    If you hadn't posted this, I would have.

What I've noticed on this forum (thankfully, rarely) is that those who are/were quickest with their scathing hyper-criticism, mocking, or condescension are also, for one deeply personal reason or another, drowning in misery themselves. It's the truest cliche in the book. You realize over time how it's nearly impossible to have any sort of meaningful friendship with these sorts. They are the heaviest bricks, they bring everything down.

bonejelly, you tapped into the heart of it. There exists a family within our small community here, and losing a member is not an easy thing.
    sain't

Echoing the sentiments here, but just want to pay my respects. From the few online interactions I've had with him, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. RIP.

Hi all,

I've been in contact with Benny's sister and have forwarded our condolences to the family. It was a short discussion as I went on a rant on Facebook about depression and tagged him in it, and Annie requested an un-tag as the memory is still very raw in their hearts.

She wishes to express their families' gratitude to our little corner of the internet of which Benny was a part of.

Personally, I feel like some of us are overestimating the forum's influence on Benny's life. He was a good guy with a physique some have deemed "sub-optimal" for the aesthetic and just wanted to share some fits. From my chats with him he's always handled the WAYWT criticism with a light touch.
    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.