X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • curiouscharles
    • Jan 2008

This is just horrible to hear.

Benny was an absolute gentleman, one of the kindest, most respectful people to correspond with [via] digital means.

Here's hoping you've found peace Benny.

-

Comment

• bonejelly
      • Jul 2008

Incredibly sad to hear this. While my only familiarity was within the context of this forum, SZ brothership runs deep. Rest in peace, friend.

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post

If you remember them, you remember the reactions he got. It should remind us all that fashion is as superficial as it can get and you never know what is bubbling underneath from a picture.
        I hope the place where you are now is better for you, B. You will be missed.
        If you hadn't posted this, I would have.

What I've noticed on this forum (thankfully, rarely) is that those who are/were quickest with their scathing hyper-criticism, mocking, or condescension are also, for one deeply personal reason or another, drowning in misery themselves. It's the truest cliche in the book. You realize over time how it's nearly impossible to have any sort of meaningful friendship with these sorts. They are the heaviest bricks, they bring everything down.

bonejelly, you tapped into the heart of it. There exists a family within our small community here, and losing a member is not an easy thing.
        sain't

Comment

• modern77
          • Oct 2006

Echoing the sentiments here, but just want to pay my respects. From the few online interactions I've had with him, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. RIP.

Comment

• stereophobic
            • Aug 2009

Hi all,

I've been in contact with Benny's sister and have forwarded our condolences to the family. It was a short discussion as I went on a rant on Facebook about depression and tagged him in it, and Annie requested an un-tag as the memory is still very raw in their hearts.

She wishes to express their families' gratitude to our little corner of the internet of which Benny was a part of.

Personally, I feel like some of us are overestimating the forum's influence on Benny's life. He was a good guy with a physique some have deemed "sub-optimal" for the aesthetic and just wanted to share some fits. From my chats with him he's always handled the WAYWT criticism with a light touch.
            An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

It's a terrible tragedy, and like any, causes self-blame and inflated sense of guilt.

RIP - it's a shitty thing to know that life can fail a human being. One hopes to live in a world better than that.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Supel
                • Apr 2011

R.I.P Benny - terrible news.

I wish I got to know the guy a little more considering he lives in the same city as I do. From the small chats, he seamed very genuine and friendly. Heart goes out to the family

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Just incredibly Sad News that had me really off the entire day today

May his family be comforted, even though these things are never easy

He was a good customer of mine, Always polite, just really sad to hear......
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Sombre
                    • Jan 2009

Just want to say that Raw seemed like a great guy. I always enjoyed reading his posts. My condolences to his family. I know this is a difficult time for them.
                    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• tong1801
                      • Oct 2012

Really sad to hear this. Although am not really close with Raw but have been seeing his post since the bapetalk2 days and he just added me on Facebook like two weeks back. R.I.P Raw, deepest condolences to his family

Comment

• ATIP
                        • Feb 2013

MEET HIM ONCE QUITE LONG TIME AGO IN STORE, SUCH A NICE AND POLITE PERSON. R.I.P

Comment

• endorphinz
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009

ahhhh fuck no...nuthin to say but extremely sad news.

RIP

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

Never had a personal interaction with him but I remember his posts and I feel sad to lose a member of the community in such a way. While we can't speculate on his motivations, it is a good reminder to be civil to eachother and keep in mind there are humans on the other side of the computer. My condolences to Raw's friends and family, I hope he's in a better place now.
                            music

Comment

• drizzly
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2012

So sad, i read many of his posts and may have interacted with the guy a few times.

rip...

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                                • Mar 2007

extremely tragic news…
                                one of the truly good guys on this forum … very polite, respectful and helpful … always willing to share his knowledge and insights…
                                R.I.P. Benny.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎