X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

agreed. no point in working into your sixties if you don't have to or are ready for a change. she's earned it.

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
    Not at all. Fuck, I feel like that many a morning when I wake up.
    It's incredibly difficult to leave something that has been such a central part to your life, so I trust she has good reasons. Kudos, however sad it might make us here.

Zamb, in the letter she says explicitly "I'm a happy and fulfilled person, ready to create new challenges in life." Sounds entirely plausible.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
      Zamb, in the letter she says explicitly "I'm a happy and fulfilled person, ready to create new challenges in life." Sounds entirely plausible.
      I dont disagree with this
      but often times one looks for other challenges, when the current ones are no longer worth the effort it takes to overcome them

I dont know what her reasons are, but its incredibly hard for me to see a person like Ann who loves her metier the way she does, suddenly walking away if the circumstances were favorable for her to continue.............

but now isn't the time to speculate, i'm just incredibly sad about the state of this industry right now, and this news specifically
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
        agreed. no point in working into your sixties if you don't have to or are ready for a change. she's earned it.
        Indeed, she has.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Verdandi
          • Mar 2012

I legit thought that this had to be a misdated April fools joke.
          Jil gone for good and now this. It's a sad year for fashion
          I hope she'll be content with whatever may be the next stage in her life

As for her label, I just hope we won't be facing an onslaught of 34 diffusion lines, perfumes, Swatch collaborations and what not.

And what a lovely and heartfelt Op-Ed, Faust. It was a pleasure to read.
          lavender menace

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

It is sad to see her go, she ran a good business with lots of integrity and passion. Nothing lasts forever though and people move on. She has established a strong enough identity I can see her label continuing successfully (seems like menswear at least has been an autopilot for awhile now already) but of course the founder's presence will always be missed.

On the bright side of all the recent fashion losses is it clears the path for something new. The only truth about fashion (and life) is that it changes so I look forward to see what comes next to fill in the void left by the many greats who have left the industry lately.
            music

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

stylezeitgeist just got a big shout out on the gq blog re: ann d.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                • Dec 2006

Her presence at the label will be missed sincerely; I'm not quite sure how it could ever be the same. But I hope the label Ann Demeulemeester continues to maintain her spirit, however possible, and evolve in a manner worthy of its name. Ann produced a beautiful body of work with integrity and originality, and her work was always occupied a unique space in Fashion. This announcement makes the Retrospective thread a bit more nostalgic...

I hope she finds peace and contentment in whatever she pursues in the years to come.

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

She's not Molière, she doesn't have to die on stage. I'm glad for the wonderful career she has had and her womenswear will always hold a special place in my own memories. The first piece of "dark" designer I bought was from Ann
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                    stylezeitgeist just got a big shout out on the gq blog re: ann d.
                    link?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Wow, and a thoughtful one. Jian is a good writer.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

yes was pleasantly surprised it didn't say sz, where alexander wang and allsaints rule

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

He is well versed in the forum culture - he is the one who wrote that long article on fashion forums for Complex. A very pleasant and smart guy.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• twmllr
                            • Sep 2013

just one bad news after another these days

Comment

• gawkrodger
                              • Jun 2013

wow. Well that came as a surprise! Nice article Faust.

Though this season was strongest in a while

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎