• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Venice

Anyone from Venice here? Thinking to spend a few days there in January before the Paris fashion week. I know it's a tourist trap, but figured you gotta see it at least once your life and January shouldn't be as bad.

So, hit me up for any recommendations - art, food, shops.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • een
    • Sep 2006

Eats:

corte sconta
    a favorite - wonderful to eat in the garden, super selection of local seafood, good for lunch as well
    Calle del Pestrin, 3886
    041 522 7024

zucca
    vegetarian, fantastic food - get a reservation or eat very late
    Santa Croce, 1762
    041 5241570

altanella
    located in giudecca so a little out of the way, which can be a plus, great gnocchi, quaint garden
    Calle delle Erbe, 268, Giudecca,
    39-041-522-7780

al mascaron
    excellent seafood, casual
    Calle Lunga Santa Maria Formosa, 5525
    041 522 5995

alle testiere
    the food blogs' favorite if not mine - excellent food (best razor clams I've had), only two servings per night so you need a reservation, when we were there (for the early dinner) most if not all the crowd were wealthy tourists so the vibe was a little off...
    then again was the biennale so everyone there is a wealthy tourist
    Calle del Mondo Novo, 5801
    041 5227220
    Last edited by een; 12-05-2013, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Thanks, een.

Any hotel recommendations? Best areas? Santa Croce?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Thanks, een.

Any hotel recommendations? Best areas? Santa Croce?
        Oh, this doesn't really matter because you will never be able to find your way back through that beautiful labyrinth and to your hotel anyway. It's hard enough sober, but after a couple glasses of vino, be prepared to sleep on cobblestone.

sain't

Comment

• u-ti
          • Apr 2012

the courtyard in san francesco della vigna is a pretty nice place to pop by (located in an nice and quiet local area with very few tourists)
          i usually go there with a book and relax a bit when im in venice. if you have an extra day, its nice to spend a calm time there, though a bit hard to reach even compared to the rest of venice ...

Comment

• Catfood
            • Oct 2008

Nearly everything contemporary art related will be closed unfortunately, seeing as it is not long since the biennale closed.

If you are there in the next few days however, I would recommend seeing Rudolf Stingel at Palazzo Grassi - closes on the 6th.

I see that Prime Materials is still on at The punta della dogna location. Didn't see that one personally, but would guess it's worth a look.

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

Faust contact GBS he knows the place pretty well and i had an amazing dinner with him, i still lust after Nero di Seppia, it can't be beaten.

Comment

• david s
                • Jul 2010

“LA Cicchetteria”
                Recensione di Un Mondo Di Vino,
                Salizada San Canciano, kind of hard to find but worth it

bit pricey but good atmosphere

Depending on how long you stay you might look into getting an Airbnb flat, we had a nice one near the Ca d'Oro. Hotels tend to be expensive for what they are.

Palazzo Grassi, always worth a visit (Pinault foundation), Prada foundation worth it sometimes depends on the show.
                It's absolutely Hedious!
                shy poser

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Back in Venice a week from now - let me know if there is anything new worth checking out.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• unwashed
                    • Dec 2008

Staying the upcoming 4 days in Venice. Any new recommendations to check out (food, museum, shops etc..guess there aren't any parks)? Will be there with my girlfriend, baby son and parents. Also things I should avoid?
                    Grailed link

Comment

• jap808
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                      Staying the upcoming 4 days in Venice. Any new recommendations to check out (food, museum, shops etc..guess there aren't any parks)? Will be there with my girlfriend, baby son and parents. Also things I should avoid?
                      I recommend eating at "vecio fritolin"
                      http://veciofritolin.it/

I think there's a nice park at La Biennale, someone could confirm?

If possible, avoid stroller for your son: there are too many bridges with stairs!

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by unwashed View Post

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jap808
                          • Dec 2012

I've seen Sarah Moon's exhibition last year (altough in a different place): recommended!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎