Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jan-Jan Van Essche

And another interview, this one with 1 Granary.

http://1granary.com/interviews/jan-jan-van-essche/
    Quote Originally Posted by jogu View Post
    i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

A refreshing perspective on both commercial and creative growth. If only more designers redressed their rockstar dreams of success into something more humble and sustainable. I'm not your customer but keep doing you, Jan-Jan.

New collection now at Dover Street in NYC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Hotoveli just got in Fall.
    Womens to, or maybe its unisex.
    Either way, its pretty special.

project #4 is his strongest yet [and next spring's collection is even stronger].

not technically unisex, but that doesn't stop my wife from adding pieces to our orders. ;)

-

Scrolled through these images the other day and must say this looks really good! Less jersey - more woven fabrics compared to previous seasons? To me, what I've seen of the earlier collections have been a little too loose/soft but this works well with the silhouette IMO. Looking forward to seeing this in stores!

I'd love to take Altieri and Jan-Jan to Jamaica. i think they'd love it there..............
    Jan-Jan's aesthetic has such a deep spiritual connection to the naturalism and purity of rastafarianism that every time i look at his work I remember the Nyabinghis and thier way of being.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Quote Originally Posted by zamb View Post
    I'd love to take Altieri and Jan-Jan to Jamaica. i think they'd love it there..............
    Jan-Jan's aesthetic has such a deep spiritual connection to the naturalism and purity of rastafarianism that every time i look at his work I remember the Nyabinghis and thier way of being.
    Believe me, you don't want to take Altieri anywhere. Jan-Jan is a sweetheart though.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Believe me, you don't want to take Altieri anywhere. Jan-Jan is a sweetheart though.
    When the Bobo shantis are through with him he would be a man of deep tranquility and peace....
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Faust How come you said that Altieri shouldn't be taken anywhere? Out of curiosity is he a man of chaos? Or really hard to understand?
    We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Quote Originally Posted by negroygris View Post
    Faust How come you said that Altieri shouldn't be taken anywhere? Out of curiosity is he a man of chaos? Or really hard to understand?
    The former.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Hey all,

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this; I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about the black mid top sneakers used in a few of the recent SS collections:

https://www.janjanvanessche.com/collections/7

For more context, these in particular:

Thanks for any help or direction, it is appreciated!

I've been finding myself drawn more and more to JJVE. Area+001 in Toronto has been making great buys.

Anyone know what fabric this Jacket #37 is in, or any stores that picked it up? https://www.instagram.com/p/B89UJIlA6pF/ I have that white bag coming but the jacket's material and color look so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by casem View Post
    Looks like DSMNY is also carrying Jan Jan now. Glad he's getting picked up by more stores subway surfers

Link.
    good luck!