Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arby2001
    • Jan 2011

sorry, what i meant was that it was pushing an lbgt agenda under the guise of a marketing campaign

just because you're a "productive hetero normative" person doesn't mean that your lifestyle dictates your fashion sense. so why all this focus on transgenders, homosexuals, black men in skirts, crack addicts, hypersexualised or androgynous men on the catwalk? that's the point i'm trying to make. when i say fashion, i obviously don't mean brooks bros or gap.

i hate it because it seems to carry the message that "this kind of fashion is for people like these; this not just about clothes also an alternative lifestyle."

this is the reason why i joined SZ. because the sensibilities here do not contain any such connotations - it's pure and objective fashion.
    too skinny for rick

Comment

• Verdandi
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by arby2001 View Post
      sorry, what i meant was that it was pushing an lbgt agenda under the guise of a marketing campaign

just because you're a "productive hetero normative" person doesn't mean that your lifestyle dictates your fashion sense. so why all this focus on transgenders, homosexuals, black men in skirts, crack addicts, hypersexualised or androgynous men on the catwalk? that's the point i'm trying to make. when i say fashion, i obviously don't mean brooks bros or gap.

i hate it because it seems to carry the message that "this kind of fashion is for people like these; this not just about clothes also an alternative lifestyle."
      The struggle is real.

Sorry, gotta go back to pushing my agenda. I don't think we have enough bulldykes in fashion yet.
      lavender menace

Comment

• arby2001
        • Jan 2011

it's not that i think that the subgroups i listed do not belong in fashion. as i have said, it's the fact that they're overrepresented that makes me uneasy. prejudicial/derogatory? you decide. i would think the vast majority of men are decidedly average.
        too skinny for rick

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

it's not that i think that the subgroups i listed do not belong in fashion. as i have said, it's the fact that they're overrepresented that makes me uneasy. prejudicial/derogatory? you decide. i would think the vast majority of men are decidedly average.

why does it make you uneasy? what are you afraid of?

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

this is the reason why i joined SZ. because the sensibilities here do not contain any such connotations - it's pure and objective fashion.
            But Brooks Brothers is what you should be wearing if you are a white, heterosexual, productive, middle-class member of society! Why do you insist on dressing like a miscreant? Embrace the wonderful aesthetic production of your peers, chinos are forever.
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• kamsky
              • Jan 2007

Naw, y'all.

arby2001, please keep fighting the good fight. The average white man with a respectable income: his day will come. Sometime, somewhere. The dream is alive.

(Sorry. I'm not adding anything to this, and I'm knowing. Couldn't resist.)

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

yes basically.

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                Isn't the transgressive atmosphere they engender in a campaign predicated on their exclusion?

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                  yes basically.
                  I'm available to throw rocks at trans people for a reasonable fee, Barneys can contact me to feel like totally heroic in supporting them. I can also do really bold statements like support the Russian Olympics, making Google execs feel like heroes cause they braved enormous dangers and pressure putting up gay flag banners. Cheap leftist pseudo-courage is at your fingertips, call now.
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Would
                    • Nov 2010

That title is really odious. What's the "issue" here, the fact that trans people exist and wear clothing? As far as the campaign goes, it's pretty tepid. I wish the images were just, you know, better.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎