• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bowyark
    • Jan 2011

DIY Made Easy

Open Knit - a 3D printer for garments

Inhabitat is a website dedicated to green design, innovation, and the future of clean technology, cataloging great ideas and emerging technologies which will change our world for the better.
  • returningson
    • Aug 2012

interesting idea but the actual execution is...well..i just don't see it happening. I mean, maybe as printing tech develops and more advanced designs can be inputed, it would yield something cool. as for now, I would rather knit the stuff myself and when someone asks where I got it, I would rather say that I knitted it myself vs having "printed" it.

Comment

• ryanhast
      • Sep 2013

I want to have a machine that is able to do a full body scan of me to understand my exact measurements. One night before I go to bed, I load up the "t-shirt" file and the software having a full body scan adjusts the shirt automatically to fit me perfectly. Then I select the bottom of the shirt and pull it down adding a couple of inches, after that I select the neck and pull it left and right watching as it gets wider and narrower until it looks right. Finally when I like what I see I hit the print button, go to sleep and wake up in the morning with an awesome perfect fitting shirt.

That has to be coming at some point. It's going to be rad.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
        • Sep 2008

^ It's nothing close to what you imagine, but in school I had this teacher who had some automatic knit machines in her house. She would program them before going to bed, to find a knitted garment the next morning when she wakes up (or panels at least).

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎