Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickefuge
    • Nov 2014

My gf ordered some Geos at 1pm this morning, this must´ve been right before the relaunch. She got a confirmation via e-mail, but when she logs into her account, the order history is empty. Plus, the shoes in question aren´t even listed on the new site anymore. Any ideas on what might´ve happened here or on what to do next?
    The money has´t been drawn from the account yet, but there was an e-mail from PayPal announcing the transfer.

(Sorry if this belongs in an other thread.)
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

as i mentioned in the ln-cc thread, i hear they have reopened their brick and mortar store as well... but maybe the BoF article mentions that. haven't read it yet.

Comment

• ian+
        • Dec 2011

they have, quoting from their fb page

LN-CC | STORE RE-OPENING
        We are pleased to announce the re-opening of our London store. Redesigned by set designer and artist Gary Card, the store space has been refurbished to create a new setting for our product selection of men’s and women’s clothing and accessories and a library housing our rare books, vinyl and audio equipment.
        To make a personalised store appointment and to meet our stylists, please email ► appointments@ln-cc.com with your preferred time and date to visit us and we will be in touch to confirm our availability.
        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
          Fuck, their website was something I used to reference. Looks almost like they got moved onto the yoox platform or some demandware shit. How can you ruin something that was pretty close to being perfect ( apart from only showing you what sizes are avail until you select one ).
          Shame.
          The BoF article provides a hint to your question, perhaps - something about "best practices"
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

i just got a pair of boots from them, a few days ago and the GOOD thing about the reopening of their physical store is that some stock is shipped from UK (and NOT thru their crappy italian warehouse. this was the case with my boots so i got them fairly quickly.

oh and using yoox as best practice for DESIGN (AND STYLING!) is too funny/sad. yoox is successful IN SPITE of their GUI, i would say. only thing good about it might be that it communicates "discounter".

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
              yoox is successful IN SPITE of their GUI
              Truth and many other players that have tried to offer an alternative have effectively been pushed out. The bizarre thing is that even in the industry everyone hates yoox but often still have to work with them.
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Truth and many other players that have tried to offer an alternative have effectively been pushed out. The bizarre thing is that even in the industry everyone hates yoox but often still have to work with them.
                Managing a website is easy compared to managing a physical inventory, yoox can do that quite well compared to other players who can move that volume.
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                  Managing a website is easy compared to managing a physical inventory, yoox can do that quite well compared to other players who can move that volume.
                  Precisely, that's why they are top dog. Doesn't mean they know much about taking pictures, UX or UI. Trust me, I have had the misfortune of working with them.

Edit:
                  Also just had a look at the ln-cc site on a desktop and it's even worse than on mobile. What a shambles, it's like we're back in the 90s. People still don't understand how to properly translate a luxury store experience into an online experience.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

Precisely, that's why they are top dog. Doesn't mean they know much about taking pictures, UX or UI. Trust me, I have had the misfortune of working with them.

Edit:
                    Also just had a look at the ln-cc site on a desktop and it's even worse than on mobile. What a shambles, it's like we're back in the 90s. People still don't understand how to properly translate a luxury store experience into an online experience.
                    yeah i just browsed it also. fucking hate that stupid double scroll thingy. it's like worse than 95% of websites i ever buy from.

so ln-cc peeps, if u r reading this, give mrbeuys a PM here. he can sort u back out......

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Edit:
                      I'm definitely no expert, hardly shop online except when I'm looking for old season/second hand and only bought one piece on yoox (through Faust, don't have an account and it was like 5 yrs ago + I returned it as Lanvin sizing was fucked up on the piece - yeah Lanvin somewhat mattered at the time which tells you how long ago this was) so my judgment isn't worth the time it took to write this. As for shopping on phones well you might as well have told me you were an alien from planet Xuburgz.

With that heavy caveat understood, well, yeah, Yoox feels like the Walmart of broken luxe dreams, I'm sure Tesco has a better website, although they can't fulfill an order for shit (we're out of shrimps, try our marmalade!! ).

Can't they just ask some outsider to "glam it up" so to speak?

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

This reminds me of paypal....

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

Can't they just ask some outsider to "glam it up" so to speak?
                          That's often the business I am in and it's painful... I am actually getting out of it, I cannot take the lack of understanding of branding from the e-commerce platform provider side coupled with the total disregard for UX and any common sense from the idiots at Versace and Dolce I have had the misfortune to have to work with. Rock, hard place and cunts, the lot. Just like we all knew already.

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

That's often the business I am in and it's painful... I am actually getting out of it, I cannot take the lack of understanding of branding from the e-commerce platform provider side coupled with the total disregard for UX and any common sense from the idiots at Versace and Dolce I have had the misfortune to have to work with. Rock, hard place and cunts, the lot. Just like we all knew already.
                            Haha, I am SHOCKED to learn those beloved creatives as Versace can be cunts, I would have imagined them as cuddly types.

AFAIK getting an outside view on any work with a creative side should be fucking obvious, be it a painting or a website.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

Haha, I am SHOCKED to learn those beloved creatives as Versace can be cunts, I would have imagined them as cuddly types.

AFAIK getting an outside view on any work with a creative side should be fucking obvious, be it a painting or a website.
                              Oh they will get an outside view, just not necessarily from someone that knows what needs to be done. More like a good friend who's been to a website once before or their fucking dog. I could tell you stories but I don't want to add the insult of litigation to the extensive injuries I have already sustained.

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

Holy cow that website it awful. I like how half the items you can't actually view because it scrolls two at a time passing them. I also hate windows in windows in windows, makes the product shots so much smaller and more difficult to view. Also took me 5 minutes to figure out how to search by brand.
                                music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎