Thread: Hair accessories and Millinery

Default Hair accessories and Millinery

Hair accessories are not really jewelry, and not really true hats, but I love fascinators and headbands and the such-like, and saw nothing here. There are some lovely feather pieces that Demeulemeester put out, and the gorgeous work of Gigi Burris, but I don't see that many pieces out there. I make most of what I put on my own head, but I'd love to hear from some of the other SZ ladies on who does great millinery.

Burris' work:http://gigiburris.com/

and my personal favorite of hers:
    “Budget the luxuries first.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

the great Philip Treacy has hats/fascinators at most price ranges, from 100 pounds to 5000 for full couture. He did (still does?) a diffusion line through Marks & Spencer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scmick Schmowens View Post
    the great Philip Treacy has hats/fascinators at most price ranges, from 100 pounds to 5000 for full couture. He did (still does?) a diffusion line through Marks & Spencer as well.
    Beautiful work, his. I really appreciate the fact that Brits still honor the beauty and formality of proper dress, which for me, includes a topper of some kind. About the only time you see hats on Americans is Easter, at Horse Races, and in a few southern churches. Even then, our choices as a group are sherbet-hued buckram nightmares that look more like folly than formalwear. Perhaps it is where I was raised, where there is very little social focus on formality in dress. *le sigh*
    “Budget the luxuries first.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Stephen Jones, outstanding millinery, I have a couple of gorgeous pieces he did for a Donna Karan collection, one of which is a tiny perfect fedora….

Inaisce does the odd really piece of interesting headgear.

I'm a distant relative of Philip Treacy, now that I'm in London I'm planning to drop in on his operation there, if I can I'll post an album. His work is tremendously beautiful though!