Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ITALY

Quote Originally Posted by fredokin View Post
    Faust, do you remember the name or exact area of the store you bought your deerskin gloves at? I'm in Florence for a couple months and would love to pick up a pair but there are an overwhelming number of leather shops right off the Ponte Vecchio.

Any recommendations for events or exhibitions coming up in the area would be greatly appreciated as well.
    I don't remember the name, sorry. If you are walking towards the bridge from the center it's on the left side on the block before.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I don't remember the name, sorry. If you are walking towards the bridge from the center it's on the left side on the block before.
    heading to Italia in late march, checking out Firenze and Venezia, anything new to look at?
    also I am also assuming that Venezia has no stores but just curious, could be anything not necessarily clothing related.
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    heading to Italia in late march, checking out Firenze and Venezia, anything new to look at?
    also I am also assuming that Venezia has no stores but just curious, could be anything not necessarily clothing related.
    shop there is this one about 35km far from Venice
    Lazzari
    Via Paris Bordone, 14, 31100 Treviso TV, Italia
    https://www.lazzariweb.it

In venice: Librerķa acqua alta (bookshop full of books , you can even Walk on them), terrace of fondaco dei teschi, guggenheim museum, obviously piazza san marco, and its bell tower
    "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

You may also ask Geoffrey B. Small for advice: he's quite near Venice and may have some other good suggestion.

I wanted to send you a private message but it seems that there is an error "TriggerDiscipline has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

I wanted to get some details related to a different thread.
    I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Not really. Just walk around, eat good food, and take it all in. No shops in Venice.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Not really. Just walk around, eat good food, and take it all in. No shops in Venice.
    Yeah, I figured as much, any store related to my interests I would already know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post

I wanted to get some details related to a different thread.
    sure I deleted messages

thanks for the replies, im very excited about picking up some of the rosewater Faust spoke about in the previous page.
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Yes, Santa Maria Novella is a must!!!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

in Florence try this https://www.tripadvisor.de/Restauran...e_Tuscany.html

it is only about 900 meters from Florence Station. One of the few places not expensive in the centre of the city. I guess one "panino" costed something as 2€..

Is the Venice Grand Canal boat ride worth it? The price is pretty steep...

Quote Originally Posted by brotzeit View Post
    Is the Venice Grand Canal boat ride worth it? The price is pretty steep...
    You can just take the water taxi.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Heading to Milan for Spring Break in 2 weeks. Anyone have any recommendations on places to check out? Food, stores, locations, etc.
    Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alesha View Post
    Does CCP make pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by href:90a7 View Post
    Heading to Milan for Spring Break in 2 weeks. Anyone have any recommendations on places to check out? Food, stores, locations, etc.
    Thanks in advance!
    the big ITALIANA exhibition at the palazzo reale (next to the duomo) is worth a visit for sz members. it includes some pretty interesting carpe diem/l'maltieri pieces and photographs.

Quote Originally Posted by grendelshrieks View Post
    the big ITALIANA exhibition at the palazzo reale (next to the duomo) is worth a visit for sz members. it includes some pretty interesting carpe diem/l'maltieri pieces and photographs.
    Thank you so much! I am for sure going to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alesha View Post
    Does CCP make pizza?

Not sure if anyone here lives in Florence but are there any recommendations for dry-cleaners? I found several through searching online but it's always useful to know what others think.