Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ITALY

PNP seems to have closed. They moved to a new location in Florence a few months ago but were reservation-only, and since September the website is shut down. No news since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Monologue View Post
    PNP seems to have closed. They moved to a new location in Florence a few months ago but were reservation-only, and since September the website is shut down. No news since then.
    Quite sad: it was one of the first "avant-garde" shop I dreamed about...

Fashion has moved on and the secondary market for that stuff is saturated. Stores like that are not viable anymore, unfortunately.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Yes, very sad news. No Guya or PNP in Florence anymore is a big hit to fashion here. Also, I should note that before the website shut down there was a big clearance sale including popular products, like all Guidi at 50% off. They haven't made an announcement or anything but all the signs are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Fashion has moved on and the secondary market for that stuff is saturated. Stores like that are not viable anymore, unfortunately.
    Very true and sad point about the viability of these niche stores today, especially with current travel restrictions. People are filling their fashion desires through online shopping, at least for now.

Hey, we'll always have Luisa Via Roma! Literally, the worst store on the planet...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post

I wonder why ? PNP was successful as dark fashion theater for years in addition to extremely helpful customer service ,no reason for PNP to went out of business ,really wonder why pnp closed ??

My theory is that the growing Grailed crowd is slowly killing off actual locations related to niche fashion. When you can experience and fawn over 2000 Euro boots through a phone screen, the physical seller matters less. Values have changed and there is no longer a need to plan a trip and experience the physical store.

Also, you know, the pandemic. Italy has been feeling its effects longer than other European countries.