Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sb.from.vb
    • Jul 2014

A couple of things I loved in Venice: for a treat, stay at Ca Maria Adele, and have dinner at Caffe' Quadri, where the menu is designed by Massimiliano Alajmo of Le Calandre, a 3 michelin star restaurant near Padova, one of the best "modern" chefs in Italy.

Otherwise, Venice is great for its bacari, where you can have an infinite variety of cicheti (small venetian tapas, if you can say that). Super traditional and super cheap, here's a few places I liked:

I Rusteghi
    Osteria Al Portego
    Alla Vedova

but part of the fun in Venice is finding your own little favorite place

I also liked the Osteria il diavolo e l'acqua santa.

I think Venice is truly magic, it's a phenomenal place full of an indescribable decaying beauty which is literally unlike anywhere else in the world. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, as long as you don't get frustrated by the hordes of people in the more touristy places

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
      • Jan 2013

Had a lovely lunch at Osteria Enoteca Ai Artisti, which we just happened to walk by as we were getting hungry. I later found out it's not such a 'secret' (but what is these days?). Still great food though.

Comment

• 2u1d
        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by bukka View Post
        Why went you back there a second time if the first was terrible?
        I've been around 12-15 times, the first bad time I thought might just be a one off because it had been great up to that point. Sadly not, other friends had also dropped it from their recommendations around that time. Food and price were still great but the service was slow and rude. In my opinion, anyway.

But yes, Antico is great and it's nice to see locals in such a touristy area - although where isn't in Florence centre.

Comment

• jap808
          • Dec 2012

When in Venice, I'd recommend eating at "Vecio Fritolin" (range €30-50, traditional with good service and quality)

Also, if you go this week, go to "Mostra del Cinema di Venezia" (aka Venice Film Festival) at Venice's Lido and enjoy some movies: shame this year I won't make it...

Comment

• fredokin
            • Apr 2014

Faust, do you remember the name or exact area of the store you bought your deerskin gloves at? I'm in Florence for a couple months and would love to pick up a pair but there are an overwhelming number of leather shops right off the Ponte Vecchio.

Any recommendations for events or exhibitions coming up in the area would be greatly appreciated as well.
            Originally posted by gregor
            it's terribly lit

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fredokin View Post
              Faust, do you remember the name or exact area of the store you bought your deerskin gloves at? I'm in Florence for a couple months and would love to pick up a pair but there are an overwhelming number of leather shops right off the Ponte Vecchio.

Any recommendations for events or exhibitions coming up in the area would be greatly appreciated as well.
              I don't remember the name, sorry. If you are walking towards the bridge from the center it's on the left side on the block before.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I don't remember the name, sorry. If you are walking towards the bridge from the center it's on the left side on the block before.
                heading to Italia in late march, checking out Firenze and Venezia, anything new to look at?
                also I am also assuming that Venezia has no stores but just curious, could be anything not necessarily clothing related.
                Originally posted by unwashed
                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• rl82
                  • Aug 2016

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                  heading to Italia in late march, checking out Firenze and Venezia, anything new to look at?
                  also I am also assuming that Venezia has no stores but just curious, could be anything not necessarily clothing related.
                  shop there is this one about 35km far from Venice
                  Lazzari
                  Via Paris Bordone, 14, 31100 Treviso TV, Italia
                  Online sales of international clothing brands and young independent designers, unique fashion products result of intense research and selection.

Comment

• Campe92
                    • Jan 2017

In venice: Librería acqua alta (bookshop full of books , you can even Walk on them), terrace of fondaco dei teschi, guggenheim museum, obviously piazza san marco, and its bell tower
                    "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Comment

• jap808
                      • Dec 2012

You may also ask Geoffrey B. Small for advice: he's quite near Venice and may have some other good suggestion.

Comment

• Anton
                        • Oct 2014

I wanted to send you a private message but it seems that there is an error "TriggerDiscipline has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

I wanted to get some details related to a different thread.
                        I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                        My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Not really. Just walk around, eat good food, and take it all in. No shops in Venice.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Not really. Just walk around, eat good food, and take it all in. No shops in Venice.
                            Yeah, I figured as much, any store related to my interests I would already know about.

Originally posted by Anton View Post

I wanted to get some details related to a different thread.
                            sure I deleted messages

thanks for the replies, im very excited about picking up some of the rosewater Faust spoke about in the previous page.
                            Originally posted by unwashed
                            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                            Originally posted by Ahimsa
                            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Yes, Santa Maria Novella is a must!!!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rl82
                                • Aug 2016

in Florence try this https://www.tripadvisor.de/Restauran...e_Tuscany.html

it is only about 900 meters from Florence Station. One of the few places not expensive in the centre of the city. I guess one "panino" costed something as 2€..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎