Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brotzeit
    • Feb 2018

Is the Venice Grand Canal boat ride worth it? The price is pretty steep...

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by brotzeit View Post
      Is the Venice Grand Canal boat ride worth it? The price is pretty steep...
      You can just take the water taxi.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• href:90a7
        • May 2017

Heading to Milan for Spring Break in 2 weeks. Anyone have any recommendations on places to check out? Food, stores, locations, etc.
        Thanks in advance!
        Originally posted by Alesha
        Does CCP make pizza?

Comment

• grendelshrieks
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by href:90a7 View Post
          Heading to Milan for Spring Break in 2 weeks. Anyone have any recommendations on places to check out? Food, stores, locations, etc.
          Thanks in advance!
          the big ITALIANA exhibition at the palazzo reale (next to the duomo) is worth a visit for sz members. it includes some pretty interesting carpe diem/l'maltieri pieces and photographs.

Comment

• href:90a7
            • May 2017

Originally posted by grendelshrieks View Post
            the big ITALIANA exhibition at the palazzo reale (next to the duomo) is worth a visit for sz members. it includes some pretty interesting carpe diem/l'maltieri pieces and photographs.
            Thank you so much! I am for sure going to go!
            Originally posted by Alesha
            Does CCP make pizza?

Comment

• DannyDagger
              • Nov 2018

Not sure if anyone here lives in Florence but are there any recommendations for dry-cleaners? I found several through searching online but it's always useful to know what others think.

Comment

• mne
                • Mar 2016

I feel like this thread should be called Florence & Venice instead! But here is a long shot: Has anyone been to Ancona ? I'm going there tomorrow and apart from a few museums/sights to see could anyone recommend some nice local restaurants ? Thanks

Comment

• jap808
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mne View Post
                  I feel like this thread should be called Florence & Venice instead! But here is a long shot: Has anyone been to Ancona ? I'm going there tomorrow and apart from a few museums/sights to see could anyone recommend some nice local restaurants ? Thanks
                  If you have a car/could rent one/could afford a taxi: go to Portonovo (15 km south), on the beach and eat at Clandestino Susci Bar:
                  http://www.morenocedroni.it/clandestino/il-locale/
                  Call to check opening hours, it's on the sea, in a wonderful bay ;)

ADD >>
                  restaurant tip in Venice: Antica Trattoria Poste Vecie
                  Last edited by jap808; 09-27-2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• matglenn
                    • Jun 2016

Would anyone located in Italy be interested in forwarding a package to Canada? I'm wanting to do some shopping on an Italian webstore but I just know the customs fees will be astronomical, so if there's any way to avoid it that's ideal. Let me know! I'll pay you a fee for your time.

Thanks

Comment

• Monologue
                      • May 2020

PNP seems to have closed. They moved to a new location in Florence a few months ago but were reservation-only, and since September the website is shut down. No news since then.

Comment

• jap808
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Monologue View Post
                        PNP seems to have closed. They moved to a new location in Florence a few months ago but were reservation-only, and since September the website is shut down. No news since then.
                        Quite sad: it was one of the first "avant-garde" shop I dreamed about...

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Fashion has moved on and the secondary market for that stuff is saturated. Stores like that are not viable anymore, unfortunately.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Monologue
                            • May 2020

Yes, very sad news. No Guya or PNP in Florence anymore is a big hit to fashion here. Also, I should note that before the website shut down there was a big clearance sale including popular products, like all Guidi at 50% off. They haven't made an announcement or anything but all the signs are there.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Fashion has moved on and the secondary market for that stuff is saturated. Stores like that are not viable anymore, unfortunately.
                            Very true and sad point about the viability of these niche stores today, especially with current travel restrictions. People are filling their fashion desires through online shopping, at least for now.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Hey, we'll always have Luisa Via Roma! Literally, the worst store on the planet...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkpyramid
                                • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Faust View Post

I wonder why ? PNP was successful as dark fashion theater for years in addition to extremely helpful customer service ,no reason for PNP to went out of business ,really wonder why pnp closed ??

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎