Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

There's no such thing as a bad Cure album.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Scander
      • Jul 2013

I think that the DRKSHDW one will also be in canvas.

Comment

• Nickefuge
        • Nov 2014

A few more pics of the two "new" shoe styles (via Antonioli):

The Turbos

Ramones without toe-cap

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

high version is on LVR. ugly, and not in the usual good way. probably for the best, Ricky Corp got too much of my money from Moody..

Comment

• Nickefuge
            • Nov 2014

This silhouette just does´t work with canvas imho, it wrinkles too much and in the wrong places. I like the cap-less Ramones though, they could work as a nice staple piece.

There are no plans of re-releasing the turbos in leather, right? :(
            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

New pieces added to rickowens.eu
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• braver
                • Sep 2013

^^
                Oh yes!
                Now I feel Faun, summarized these items and runway!
                Before that, I thought WTF.

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                  The Turbos

nb: they are now called 'hoofdunks'.

Comment

• stemcell
                    • Jul 2011

Those tall nylon shoes are absolutely repulsive and look like they cost about $29. However I like the funny shorts that have the buttons on the front so you can flip them up to show some thigh like they did with the scarves stuffed in them on the runway.

Shop the latest Rick Owens menswear, womenswear, shoes and accessories now on the official Rick Owens online store with worldwide express shipping.

A lot of the new Faun stuff online looks beautiful, but for the most part I just don't get who wants to buy a $1000-$2500 tunic with a giant flap of fabric coming out of the stomach? They look like pieces from that artist Parrino he is fond of, which is a beautiful and amazing reference, but as far as wearability, or dare I say ...practicality... I feel like Rick used to be straight forward, Primarily beautiful strange formal pieces and beautiful luxurious loungewear. The focus seems to have shifted heavily from being anything formal or truly for lounging, so what is it now? Where do I wear a leather tunic? Where do I wear a nylon body suit that's probably louder than your speaking voice if you're not sitting still? I already have one gorgeous silk gown hanging in my closet that only gets worn randomly to an office once or twice a year, don't need a white denim dress with a plunging neckline. Still beautiful to look at, still beautiful to hear him talk about... I could probably listen to him talk about anything for days...

Some of the more beautiful pieces in my opinion:

The waxed cotton looks interesting, different than normal waxed cotton, at least online... it's all over the collection.

Perhaps it is so similar, but this is what I don't get, AND THE PRICE?

Again, the price?

I am wondering if that waxed cotton is special in a way, perhaps the coating is thick or ages uniquely, maybe it was specifically developed and that is why the prices for all this cotton are sky high?

Anyway, haven't been on here in a while. I hope everyone has had a nice holiday and is looking forward to the year ahead.

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

seems the turbobaskets are called hoofdunks now, why the cotton/nylon regular and mega hoofdunks cost more than geobaskets and cargobaskets respectively is beyond me though.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by dji View Post
                        seems the turbobaskets are called hoofdunks now
                        have a look two posts up.

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

sorry champ, missed it. my point about the pricing still stands though.

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

i can think of several reasons for that pricing:

1. because he can. enough people may buy anyway, so why not price what the market will bear.
                            2. price positioning - the more 'design value' a product has, the higher the price. otherwise we might question why 'basic' styles should cost as much.
                            2. testing price points - seeing how retailers/customers react to even higher prices for footwear, using a style which isn't part of the core offer.
                            3. the expected volumes will be lower for this extreme style, which is related to:
                            4. margins must be higher to recover higher cost of production. note that material is NOT the biggest cost in a product like standard rick sneakers (unless we are talking special finishes/leathers) - it is LABOR. i would assume the hoofdunks require more manual processing such as sewing.

i don't know if it's any of the above or perhaps it could be a combination of them. just a few thoughts.

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

fair points, although re: material the canvas/nylon Ramones are ~$500 cheaper than their leather counterparts despite similar construction.

I like how they're marketing the capless Ramones as vegan sneakers, hopefully they remembered to swap the leather zipper liner out with something more vegan friendly.

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

doesn't look like it....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡