X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upsilonkng
    • May 2010

ok idealist Nicklefudge..

when wearing anything, all things should be considered.
    sex, age, weight, posture, weather, activity. probably most important of all, do u own it and do u feel comfortable in it?
    Rick isn't for everyone, when that fatty k-pop singer wore that Rick leather bathrobe(Numan) how Not rad did it look?
    reasons why..
    1. weight, probably something more structured would fit and change his body more
    2. age: when ur young and thin and alien looking it looks alien, when ur older it just looks pervy, like an old man w/ a robe walking downstairs to the nursery w/ his cane and smoking pipe.
    3. he didn't own it

Having owned several pairs of geos/cargobaskets/ramones etc over the years(rough estimate 15 pairs) I know what I personally like to call attention to and it's not gigantic triangular trainers(though I think it's one of the best designs of it's kind) when i've trying to have a serious conversation about Harry Pussy and their lack of stature in the music/transcendence world..

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
      If you think you have to dress a certain way at a certain age, maybe Rick isnĀ“t for you in the first place.

perfect.

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

If you think you have to dress a certain way at a certain age, maybe Rick isnĀ“t for you in the first place.
        If you think Rick only caters for a certain style, maybe you need to check again.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
          If you think Rick only caters for a certain style, maybe you need to check again.
          RickĀ“s universe incorporates and includes people with various styles, bodies and ages without limiting anyone to anything. I meant to say that his broad offering means that there shouldnĀ“t be any boundaries in oneĀ“s style, you shouldĀ“t limit yourself because of anything. At least thatĀ“s how interpret it.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• interest1
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
            ok idealist Nicklefudge..

when wearing anything, all things should be considered.
            sex, age, weight, posture, weather, activity. probably most important of all, do u own it and do u feel comfortable in it?
            Rick isn't for everyone, when that fatty k-pop singer wore that Rick leather bathrobe(Numan) how Not rad did it look?
            reasons why..
            1. weight, probably something more structured would fit and change his body more
            2. age: when ur young and thin and alien looking it looks alien, when ur older it just looks pervy, like an old man w/ a robe walking downstairs to the nursery w/ his cane and smoking pipe.
            3. he didn't own it

Having owned several pairs of geos/cargobaskets/ramones etc over the years(rough estimate 15 pairs) I know what I personally like to call attention to and it's not gigantic triangular trainers(though I think it's one of the best designs of it's kind) when i've trying to have a serious conversation about Harry Pussy and their lack of stature in the music/transcendence world..

So, then, like Bill Cosby.
            sain't

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by upsilon king
              (...)do u own it and do u feel comfortable in it?
              Rick isn't for everyone, when that fatty k-pop singer wore that Rick leather bathrobe(Numan) how Not rad did it look?(...)
              I see a contradiction here.
              Personally, I think Rick is a lot about feeling comfortable and not giving a fuck.

If you see it differently, thatĀ“s fine. This is merely my opinion.
              Now letĀ“s not distract any further from the original topic.

So are these new kind of Drkshdw Turbobaskets a combination of the two predecessors? It looks like theyĀ“ve got the narrow opening, but theyĀ“re smaller in height, right?
              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

I'm curious to see how they look in motion. Do they open and close as you walk? That could be really cool, especially with the way those huge shorts seem to expand and contract.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• upsilonkng
                  • May 2010

I see a contradiction here.
                  Personally, I think Rick is a lot about feeling comfortable and not giving a fuck.

If you see it differently, thatĀ“s fine. This is merely my opinion.
                  Now letĀ“s not distract any further from the original topic.

So are these new kind of Drkshdw Turbobaskets a combination of the two predecessors? It looks like theyĀ“ve got the narrow opening, but theyĀ“re smaller in height, right?
                  Nicklefudge ,

how am i not seeing it as being comfortable? if u need giant nylon triangles flopping around when u walk , u kind of are giving a fuck aren't u?
                  most of these reissues are lame anyways for every obvious reason, if u like a nylon or canvas reissue of something that came out 4 years ago maybe it's time to realize that "sailboat" has sailed. It's already gone around the world quite a few times before u got a cheap knockoff made in china or whereever the drkshdw shoes are made. I mean shit man, Shucks is trying to make a case for how awesome "drkshdw" shoes are? come on dude.. just wait for the real real to appear if ur gonna do it why not do it for real not those baby shoes.

Comment

• BodyDouble
                    • Jan 2014

Just chiming in, I agree for the most part with Upsilon regarding rehashes, however wanted to note that Drkshdw are still made in italy and use the same soles and process as mainline, the difference is that the upper materials are for the most part limited to denim / nylon / canvas, etc. and don't include extra laces and bags like mainline. They are also not much cheaper than mainline.
                    Last edited by BodyDouble; 12-23-2014, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

to pick up on nickefuge’s post - rick owens is probably not the best brand for someone if:

- you are afraid of looking like you care,
                      - you are afraid of looking weird,
                      - you are afraid of being mainstream,
                      - you are afraid of wearing a rehash of something old.

any of the above mean you will be frustrated with rick’s ambitions ever since he started, so why even bother wearing his clothes…

right.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                        • May 2010

shucks i hope we can have a discussion in regards to rick w/out resorting to personal attacks or taking personal offense, it is at the end of the day still a brand and not u or I's gf/child/mom.

I think Rick's probably the most cloned designer in the world at this very moment or at least neck and neck w/ Hedi though on that end not sure if old rock attire is cloning him or the other way around.
                        My opinion is that Rick is at that point in his career, where the Cure was when they had the number 1 hit in America " lovesong" , they were still good at that moment but hard times were ahead because u can only be the underdog for so long eventually they had their day and I think Rick may have had his as well, though i'm optimistic that he may or may not be the Rick that I love. Regardless that's still just an opinion and i know not one that u share.
                        Though Rick is not the mainstream he's far and away the biggest not mainstream designer there is, u don't see BBS at Nordstroms or any malls, so to completely think that it isn't at all mainstream could be overlooking some pretty obvious signs.
                        Re-doing albums or reissuing stuff in general is mostly done by people who are not relevant anymore, meeting a demand for something of the past as oppose to the "what remains is future" motto for me is a sign of retreat, of catering, of not caring enough about the fight and thereby surrendering. so i'm not much for this either.
                        Personally i got into Rick because of the leathers and ideas and quality of the items, while i enjoy some drkshdw basics it's a secondary line w/ secondary material meant to fill a need for people who can't buy $300 tanks, $1600 shoes, $3000 jackets though it's sometimes lost it's way as far as pricing now , $400 long sleeve "cotton" shirts, $330 tanks "cotton" , $450 printed t-shirts" cotton" , $2400 parkas "cotton or nylon" and i'm guessing $1200 short nylon Sailboats? I completely am not looking forward to it, but if ur a fan of that style, and who isn't at least as an idea, i think u could find the real leather ones for a comparable price and i think u could be happier w/ it as it's leather and an original. Which is the reason why i fell in love w/ Rick in the first place, Original ideas executed w/out remorse.
                        I think we play for the same team Shucks, so i'm happy to give reasons why we see things different w/out making it personal in anyway.

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

first of all, no we are not on the "same team". u are on my shitlist and will remain there indefinitely.

u have been making randomly hostile follow-ups to a bunch of my posts here for a long time and now all of a sudden you wanna play nice and try to act mature? i know why...

but fine, i'll be perfectly happy to keep it civil going forward - that is, until you get aggressive with me next time.

if you re-read my message, you will see that i am saying that rick has been aiming for the global mainstream ever since he started. who gives a flying fuck if it's in nordstroms or wherever. and he's been doing rehashes of his own and others' stuff since day one as well.

oh, and i like nylon. leather just feels a bit done, you know...
                          Last edited by Shucks; 12-24-2014, 04:46 PM. Reason: as per request

Comment

• grapefruitpop
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2013

I think you guys are all wrong. The only aesthetic universe Rick cares about is the one where he can dress his bank account with as many zeros as possible.

P.S. The last DRKSHDW (not mainline, plain black ribbed, no graphics just a shitty) tee I saw up here in Canada retailed for 475 (536.75 after tax) which is just absurd.

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

those are the best flip-flops. love them to death. i am getting at least one more pair. maybe two.

Comment

• Soul Pill
                                • Feb 2011

I have to agree with Shucks on this, but when you're at the top of your game where else is there for you to go?

FYI the turbobaskets were originally made in both regular and high versions

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎