X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nvsnli
    • Mar 2013

Marika Rossa - Fresh Cut 121 [Techno]
    00:00 Jamie Curnock - Extract (Original Mix) [Onnset Records] 03:28 Leon Boose - Wicked (Original Mix) [Dark Celebrate Recordings] 08:22 Ced.Rec - Ufo (Original Mix) [Dark Smile Records] 14:18 Marc

Comment

• Vinyl Only
      • Jun 2012

I've noticed this thread reads a lot more like "Talkin wit yerself about Techno". I'll try a bit more to actually discuss something here.

Comment

• Vinyl Only
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Trixer View Post
        What a techno weekend! Was at tresor friday catching Adam X, Ancient Methods and the superb live set from Orphx and going to Berghain in a few hours for Mulero, Shifted, Sigha and Kobosil
        Yeah, Adam X was a huge influence on many of the people in your long list of artists. How was he in this setting?
        Heard an Ancient Methods mix online--he kills it. One of my favorites.
        Heard Sigha play Berghain. It was one of the purest high quality sets I've heard in a while. His sets I've heard lately with Shifted seem more "banging" in a populist way but I still have faith in him. How was his set?

Comment

• Vinyl Only
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Zerogravity View Post
          Yes, this is no stretch for me. This is Moritz von Oswald and Mark Ernestus (Basic Channel)They are a real reference in european minimal techno. They go back in the early 90s, together with the innovators from Detroit.
          YES.
          You would think with this major influence you'd hear more credit given and less instance of shameless copying of their style occurring every 3-5 years. LOL.
          Perhaps its their desire to mimic Detroit's anti-fame stance that makes it easier for copycats to get away with murder.
          This anti-fame stance makes it a surprise that this may be the first time I've seen mention of them here?

Comment

• Mezeinee
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
            one of the best labels out there at the moment, sound experimentation to the max

Hessle Audio
            Nice post! Would love to see this thread move away from the industrial sound more often.

https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

You are on a forum for business goths, comes with the territory.

Recent set content for me:

Comment

• Anton
                • Oct 2014

Worked on this today, still some mixing and arrangement issues left..Maybe some of you will like it...
                https://soundcloud.com/iamanton/purple-pessengerbeta
                I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• Mezeinee
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Anton View Post
                  Worked on this today, still some mixing and arrangement issues left..Maybe some of you will like it...
                  like it!

Comment

• Zerogravity
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Vinyl Only View Post
                    YES.
                    You would think with this major influence you'd hear more credit given and less instance of shameless copying of their style occurring every 3-5 years. LOL.
                    Perhaps its their desire to mimic Detroit's anti-fame stance that makes it easier for copycats to get away with murder.
                    This anti-fame stance makes it a surprise that this may be the first time I've seen mention of them here?
                    I agree, its strange that no one mention this reference earlier. Maybe it has something to do with todays fast listening of new music? No time to digg in history.

Comment

• flicers
                      • Sep 2009

Agree re hessle audio. I think I've mentioned the label a while back. Anyway the compilations from last year serve as a good introduction. Not sure there's been a lack of non-industrial influenced techno as we've had some discussion about Hyperdub artists and Giegling, too - both labels can be heard this weekend in Berlin as a small heads-up, the latter together with raster-noton.

On that note Lakker has a new podcast on ra (the series has been on roll lately). Haven't listened to it yet but the tracklist looks promising . Aphex, autechre, squarepusher & j dilla etc.

Comment

• Mezeinee
                        • Apr 2015

Not exactly techno, but still great:

A Serbian Film Soundtrack:

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Zerogravity View Post
                          I agree, its strange that no one mention this reference earlier. Maybe it has something to do with todays fast listening of new music? No time to digg in history.
                          Err I think it's more that everyone who knows knows, basic channel is kind of techno 101?

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                            • Mar 2014

Comment

• mamooon
                              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Anton View Post
                              Nice analogue'ish touch on the beats and subtile filter-movements on the synth, overall an interesting oldschool-acidhouse-vibe, third synthchordsound later (at about 2:20min) sounds a lil' bit detuned, but on the other hand it gives an interesting vibe. Just missing a naughty bassline, could spice the track up. Like it so far, curious how the final one will sound.

Inofficial lil' remix i did already 'bout 3 years ago:
                              Zebra Katz - Ima Read..
                              Zebra Katz - Ima Read feat. Njena Reddd Foxxx (The Edit | by Ein Einmeier )| nuSchool minimalAcidGlitchTek-Cutup-Filter-('bootleg')-Edit| of that stunning or...

Comment

• Anton
                                • Oct 2014

@Mezeinee & @mamooon thank you both for your comments!
                                I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                                My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎