X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Senpai View Post
    One can always hope customers coming in to check out "givenchy, etc." may be introduced to these more niche labels represented on sz and develop a taste for them.
    Is that what you really want though? I would love for the niche labels to be more sustainable, and I can understand Atelier needing to stay in business, but look at how people react to Rick's expansion. It doesn't usually happen the way that fans hope.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Lohikaarme
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
      Is that what you really want though? I would love for the niche labels to be more sustainable, and I can understand Atelier needing to stay in business, but look at how people react to Rick's expansion. It doesn't usually happen the way that fans hope.
      Can you elaborate?

And Rick is hardly niche, to be honest. He's been fairly mainstream... didn't Taylor Swift wear a Rick jacket?

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
        Can you elaborate?

And Rick is hardly niche, to be honest. He's been fairly mainstream... didn't Taylor Swift wear a Rick jacket?
        But he wasn't always mainstream is my point. Same could happen for any niche designer. I guess this is getting off topic, though, I look forward to browsing Atelier.
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• eleves
          • Sep 2012

Something funny about Atelier coming back is that everyone who blogs about fashion and #menswear can pretend to be cool again by putting Atelier back on top of their list of best NYC men's shops again
          Originally posted by Faust
          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• BodyDouble
            • Jan 2014

Great news. It's understandable that they would be carrying the bread and butter brands, everyone is doing it these days.. LNCC selling SLP and Givenchy, HLorenzo probably made more off Stampd and Fear of God than other nicer products and Maxfield sells loads of garish Givenchy, SLP and Balmain. I don't mind it as long as they also support the brands we love and this allows them to take risks and pick up great products.

Comment

• 550BC
              • Jan 2013

Nice to see Khourianbeer
              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Dawn
                The site has been updated with the designers list. It's nice to see that they'll still be carrying the main designers that they had before, but where is CCP and BBS? Looking forward to their buys nonetheless, and how they'll be styling their newest additions.
                New York will be getting its fill of BBS soon enough....there's good reason nobody picked them up in Atelier's wake. Have a little patience.
                "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
                  New York will be getting its fill of BBS soon enough....there's good reason nobody picked them up in Atelier's wake. Have a little patience.
                  You heard it here first.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

^ some interesting news to start out the week!
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• jskidder1
                      • Jan 2011

can anyone elaborate on that?

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

Atelier and Acne, together at last.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                          • May 2010

to be honest though.. if this version is to survive probably more acne and less DD and Thamanyah, every season that stuff sells, all of it basically at 80% off , not even sure who can make money on those 2....
                          is bbs opening a bbs store??? that's pretty exciting if so, can actually try on a leather that would fit.

Comment

• flashoflight
                            • Sep 2013

I'm excited! Happy to see Julius on the list. Not many (if any) stockists in NYC that I know of that carry them. I think ODD was the last place I saw any Julius.

Comment

• eleves
                              • Sep 2012

Out of that stock list, the absence of CCP is what stood out the most to me, even more so than BBS. If there is a BBS store coming to NY, I am not surprised by that at all. It is one of the more integrated brands that I've seen, just by the fact that it makes it to places like Hypebeast.com now. The additions of 11 just serve to add to the notion that this space was gonna come at some point.
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Maybe it's because CCP has run out of ideas and is content with rehashing its greatest hits?
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎