Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

I have the parka, It's pretty good. not much to say about it.

The suit cuts for the most part are very similar to the CCP suits in silhouette, everything else is pretty much different. so much so that I saw someone wearing a Deepti suit from afar and only to come close to the person to realize it was Deepti, very much a strong CCP influence, akin to some M.a+ references in Taichi Murakami's work, another "2nd(m.a+)/3rd(carpe) Generation" designer, if you want to put it that way.

The materials are softer.

The pants have an interesting double zipper mechanic as a closing mechanism.

the SS fabrics are very beautiful, almost delicate, yet sturdy.

The shirting has an interesting double collar feature where one side droops out even though it's buttoned, very difficult to explain for me graphically.

The long coat's long part is like a fused fabric on the bottom half that somewhat blends in to the original cut. It's all technical stuff, very interesting and very much suggest you see in person.
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Marlon
        • Sep 2011

The location and scenery are superb. Would love to visit the place if it was possible.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

So, I am thinking that Deepti is coming into her own fast. I was on the fence about the first season, but I like what I am seeing these days. Her experiments with materials are interesting. I am particularly taken by the knits this "season" (quotation marks because she really does one collection a year but will do seasonal variations, which I also think is a great model to break away from the traditional fashion schedule). There is one black knit with variable knitting that looks stunning. Have not tried it on, but perhaps will soon. I also liked the silver reversible long windbreaker - noisy, but in a good way!

Someone asked about the knit leggins and those are also great. I can't quite wrap my head around how they are knit - looks like a similar system as the variable knit sweater. I suppose at some point the knitting machine is stopped with the garment still on it, reprogrammed, and started again. I'll find out more.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beyondthemeans
            • Sep 2008

^ hahaha, that's such a coincidence. I saw that variable knit sweater in black last week and it also sparked my interest in Deepti. Thought it was an amazing and standout piece from her current collection.

Comment

• k3mist
              • Apr 2013

love the reversible silver bomber and this 'season' has a regular length version so thats something I'm gonna consider getting.

the variable knitted sweater is actually really cool. isn't it similar to how nike did their flyknit?

Comment

• swims
                • Jan 2012

i'm also a big fan of the variable knit. the white/ grey versions were the first non-Continues item i bought in a long long time. the knit is bound to some sort of synthetic weave mesh. so i imagine the variable knit was as faust says, a reprogrammed knitting machine using the mesh as a pattern/ framework.

it comes together beautifully, and has been a recent staple. more delicate than i had anticipated however. the palette reminds me of ccp in it's inorganic feel. standalone, i like this - but i think the new darker version looks even better. either way, it's been a while since i wanted to want clothes.

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

any sneak peaks/rumours about Deepti 2016?

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                    • May 2014

I believe there is a showroom? I am pretty certain she were to present a new collection this month.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Hoping that some photos make it online. She's doing the most experimental and innovative work along with Taichi Murakami right now, and the two people that I look forward to seeing the collections of!
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

i said the same thing to a friend from SZ a couple weeks ago. we were talking about the state of things and i mentioned that deepti and taichi were to me the most interesting designers working right now. its not that things are shitty right now, its just that they are different.

well things are shitty in many ways, but the fact that some of the old pillars of sz have fallen does not mean there aren't others poised to take their place
                        Last edited by cjbreed; 01-22-2016, 12:28 PM.
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                          i said the same thing to a friend from SZ a couple weeks ago. we were talking about the state of things and i mentioned that deepti and taichi were to me the most interesting designers working right now. its not that things are shitty right now, its just that they are different.

well things are shitty in many ways, but the fact that some of the old pillars of sz have fallen does not mean there aren't others poised to take their place
                          Yeah, the world of fashion and design is complex when you factor in business/the pressure to have sales. The latter two can be potentially hindering to unbridled creativity.

The market has changes as well like you've said and aesthetics, consumer expendable cash, MSRPs all affect what hits showrooms/runways aside from the few that for one reason or another can maintain their own control over their products and sales/consumer awareness seem almost secondary.

Deepti and Taichi have been doing consistently interesting and new things since their inception (although that was not so long ago), but one certainly has to work at it to find out what they've got out there :)
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• JohnFG
                            • May 2007

Greetings from Berlin

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                            Hoping that some photos make it online. She's doing the most experimental and innovative work along with Taichi Murakami right now, and the two people that I look forward to seeing the collections of!
                            Met her about a year ago and saw "her place" ... expecting more great work to come from there. She is very much into trying new technologies / materials (after learning at Carol) and I try to see her again soon and hopefully get some pics for you guys.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Went to the showroom today. I wish I could say that I was excited by what I saw, but I would be lying. In any case, I think Deepti is someone worth supporting as she's only starting out on her own.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
                                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Went to the showroom today. I wish I could say that I was excited by what I saw, but I would be lying. In any case, I think Deepti is someone worth supporting as she's only starting out on her own.
                                A re-hash of what's she already done?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎