Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bernd Lauert
    • Mar 2016

aaahahaaaa..... i am surprised, the post is still there.....

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

Most daring comment in a while
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Think I'm gonna leave it up there

Walter Gropius, you will need to live up to that name with comments of higher quality. Anyway, what I was alluding to is that just because Poell made a glass top before that should not preclude other designers to pursue similar ideas.

P.S. Also, I cannot move to another forum, because I am the owner of this one.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          P.S. Also, I cannot move to another forum, because I am the owner of this one.
          Yes, but do you own any CCP?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Law View Post
            Yes, but do you own any CCP?
            I have a taped-seam turtleneck from like 2005, but the neck seam unglued and now it's a crewneck. If anyone wants it for their collection, I'll sell it to you.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
              • Sep 2011

I have a taped-seam turtleneck from like 2005, but the neck seam unglued and now it's a crewneck. If anyone wants it for their collection, I'll sell it to you.
              You have more chances to sell this than any RO at the moment, saturated second-hand market is annoying as hell...

Edit: sorry for derailing the thread, feel free to delete mods!
              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                • Sep 2013

Anyway, what I was alluding to is that just because Poell made a glass top before that should not preclude other designers to pursue similar ideas.
                When you're directly responsible for photographing much of someone's work, organizing and archiving it and you know, worked with that person for years...if your next concept seems heavily tied into that person's previous work I don't think it's inappropriate to at least bring that up.

Here's Deepti's glass vest

I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by naturalalmonds View Post
                  When you're directly responsible for photographing much of someone's work, organizing and archiving it and you know, worked with that person for years...if your next concept seems heavily tied into that person's previous work I don't think it's inappropriate to at least bring that up.

Here's Deepti's glass vest

I never said it's not inappropriate to bring it up, but to come to a conclusion that her ENTIRE YEARLY COLLECTION based on the idea that happens to include a glass vest is a copy of one previous piece. That's ludicrous.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Unexist
                    • May 2012

Is it wearable ?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Unexist View Post
                      Is it wearable ?
                      Technically, yes. The fit model did wear it. He needed help putting it on and taking it off, but so did the medieval knights.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                        • Apr 2011

As with almost all accusations of CCP ripoffs, I must insist it's just not that fucking interesting a concept to begin with. Trite kind of irony I don't think was worth replicating.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                          • Sep 2008

Haven't seen the new collection in person yet, but this doesn't look very good to me...

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                            • Jan 2013

It doesn't look great from the wearability perspective, but that actually looks like one of the more interesting conceptual pieces of the collection I've seen (just from internet) so far. I can see how the blazer could break and "crash" with movement while wearing.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                              It doesn't look great from the wearability perspective, but that actually looks like one of the more interesting conceptual pieces of the collection I've seen (just from internet) so far. I can see how the blazer could break and "crash" with movement while wearing.
                              so there are a couple of pieces, there are closed seamed ones and non closed seams ones. then there are the wax pieces which are like heavily waxed or waxed striped and the concept is that after they wear more they will leave streaks from the wax breaking and it looks like crashed stuff.
                              the black suit was actually the coolest thing I tried on from the collection very nice. kind of waxy, kind of casual but can be dressed very powerful stuff.

the denim was so stiff i could not move my knees though so no comment on that.
                              Originally posted by unwashed
                              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                              Originally posted by Ahimsa
                              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• jimmycs
                                • Mar 2014

I need to get paid to wear that jacket. No thanx.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎