X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

There is an entire thread on that very question Zam opened in the shopping section.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jskidder1
      • Jan 2011

any chance his singular focus on HL will lead to a focus on fair labor practices? because last i checked virtually all current HL pieces are made in china. unless that changes, i don't think the HL label will ever return to relevance among educated consumers.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
        • Jul 2013

Do we know they're unethical? This sounds like the kind of thought that makes it tough for Chinese designers to break out.

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
        any chance his singular focus on HL will lead to a focus on fair labor practices? because last i checked virtually all current HL pieces are made in china. unless that changes, i don't think the HL label will ever return to relevance among educated consumers.

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

We've had this discussion many times but frankly conditions (and handiwork) in many Chinese plants are better than in some Italian ones -- it's case by case at this point.

Comment

• Ahimsa
            Vegan Police
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
            Modern Helmut Lang pieces in general just have terrible QC and are very poorly constructed. I've seen garments with pieces literally falling apart in their stores. This has little to do with country of origin and very much the factories they work with and who they may subcontract to.

Due to ownership by Link Theory, a.k.a. Uniqlo, I doubt we will be seeing quality increasing anytime soon as per their desire to keep HL as a contemporary brand.

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
            We've had this discussion many times but frankly conditions (and handiwork) in many Chinese plants are better than in some Italian ones -- it's case by case at this point.
            Exactly this.
            StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• sam_tem
              • Apr 2007

well that's a bitch, but ain't the first time. great talent always has a way of coming back ;)

Comment

• goldsamxo
                • Jan 2017

Reviving this thread with updated information ->

Alexandre Plokhov's new brand -> NOMENKLATURA STUDIO
                Website -> https://nomenklaturastudio.com

Mix of Techwear + classic silhouettes & designs he was working with at CLOAK + his self-titled brand.

Releasing their second product release on March 1st.
                How does everyone feel about it?
                Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Jeroenr
                  • May 2016

I was looking forward to it, when he first released it. But after, i saw some pieces he put out, it didnt attracted me at all.

Comment

• vah
                    • Aug 2016

I got the army boots from the first product release. They're lovely. Rest of the stuff I'm a bit lukewarm about.

Comment

• goldsamxo
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by vah View Post
                      I got the army boots from the first product release. They're lovely. Rest of the stuff I'm a bit lukewarm about.
                      I got the boots as well, probably one of my favorite pieces I own now. Also - one of the HARDEST boots I've ever broken in, made my A1923s in Horse look like a joke.

Product Release 02 seems to be shaping up to be pretty good -> still not a big fan of the Latex working, but the non-Latex items seem to be solid and less 'gimmicky' than the first collection.
                      Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                      Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• WolfSchwet
                        • Apr 2019

I am glad to see him back with Nomenklatura as I really like what his eponymous label used to do. I think the first release was hit and miss though with some of it looking really great and some a bit goofy almost. Felt a bit like I could only see myself wearing it as a one off or something as a themed outfit at a queer leaning club night rather than as a long standing wardrobe addition. This second release I think looks way more consistent and actually has a really continuous aesthetic to it rather than being as dress up-ish bar a couple of the looks which I don't rate. The sort of camo ones are actually the looks I am not into so much. I really love some of the mega synthetic ones actually to be honest. The second look is a favorite. That jacket with the full on latex fetish suit level shine on it and belt is hot and funnily was a look I have kind of being trying to find more of recently. Would buy if I had the money at all/was at all convinced I could pull it off.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• hangufeng
                            • Nov 2019

What do you think of this: Plokhov had definately lost his influence on our minds and thoughts to trends of fshion since he closed Cloak...I mean we still remenber Hedi's DH a lot but how many of new fashion fans know about Cloak or even AP? Why is that? Want to hear some discussion..

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

How many people know of 90% of what happened 15 years ago? It's kind of a silly question. I mean, I agree that '04 Cloak was the heyday, but I can point out a dozen of designers off the top of my head and say the same thing.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hangufeng
                                • Nov 2019

It is not like that Faust. I regard Cloak years as a very iconic and rememberable time. Sure there are tons of designers who got that kind of level, but I would say barely none of them has been forgotten so damn completely. Or is it just my delusion?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎