Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alexandre Plokhov

The Plokhov pieces are up on the Uniqlo site. I bought a couple things for the gym. Excited to wear something different from my typical Nike stuff. I wish there were more gym clothing options from designers at a price point that makes sense for stuff you are going to abuse the hell out of. Will report back on quality when they get here if anyone is interested.

I went with an extended hoodie for the hell of it. Everything else just reminded me of an early morning jog fit.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Alexandre Plokhov has officially announced that it will cease operations. The last collection, S/S 16 shown in New York will be delivered. Das Ende.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Alexandre Plokhov has officially announced that it will cease operations. The last collection, S/S 16 shown in New York will be delivered. Das Ende.
    Damn. What happened?

I can only speculate, but I would imagine he got tired of the fashion hamster wheel. He has a good gig at HL going. No need to bust ass while treading water. I understand completely.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Very sad news. Hopefully a more concerted effort on Helmut Lang will help to bring it back closer to its former self. (some of the clothes were literally falling apart last time I was in one of their stores)

There should have been a closure a long time ago. I don't think he ever managed to find his way through his personal label, I don't remember seeing a collection that caught my eye. A few good ideas here and there but overall lacked consistency. Sad but true.
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Instead of shedding tears, Alexandre has made a music mix for us

http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2015/12/s...andre-plokhov/

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

G,

I hear you, I understand what you are saying but I disagree.
    thee was enough in his offerings from season to season to generate enough business to keep a company going.

I do not know what is business structure was, so its hard for me to say anything about his company specifically.
    What i am going to say though, is something that a lot of people are either very reluctant to admit or in denail about.
    it is this: unless there is a radical change in how this (Artisanal/ Niche) part of the industry operates there is only going to be more closings of beloved brands.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

There is an entire thread on that very question Zam opened in the shopping section.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

any chance his singular focus on HL will lead to a focus on fair labor practices? because last i checked virtually all current HL pieces are made in china. unless that changes, i don't think the HL label will ever return to relevance among educated consumers.

Do we know they're unethical? This sounds like the kind of thought that makes it tough for Chinese designers to break out.

Quote Originally Posted by jskidder1 View Post
    any chance his singular focus on HL will lead to a focus on fair labor practices? because last i checked virtually all current HL pieces are made in china. unless that changes, i don't think the HL label will ever return to relevance among educated consumers.

We've had this discussion many times but frankly conditions (and handiwork) in many Chinese plants are better than in some Italian ones -- it's case by case at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jskidder1 View Post
    Modern Helmut Lang pieces in general just have terrible QC and are very poorly constructed. I've seen garments with pieces literally falling apart in their stores. This has little to do with country of origin and very much the factories they work with and who they may subcontract to.

Due to ownership by Link Theory, a.k.a. Uniqlo, I doubt we will be seeing quality increasing anytime soon as per their desire to keep HL as a contemporary brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkady View Post
    We've had this discussion many times but frankly conditions (and handiwork) in many Chinese plants are better than in some Italian ones -- it's case by case at this point.
    Exactly this.

well that's a bitch, but ain't the first time. great talent always has a way of coming back ;)

Reviving this thread with updated information ->

Alexandre Plokhov's new brand -> NOMENKLATURA STUDIO
    Website -> https://nomenklaturastudio.com

Mix of Techwear + classic silhouettes & designs he was working with at CLOAK + his self-titled brand.

Releasing their second product release on March 1st.
    How does everyone feel about it?

I was looking forward to it, when he first released it. But after, i saw some pieces he put out, it didnt attracted me at all.

I got the army boots from the first product release. They're lovely. Rest of the stuff I'm a bit lukewarm about.

Quote Originally Posted by vah View Post
    I got the army boots from the first product release. They're lovely. Rest of the stuff I'm a bit lukewarm about.
    I got the boots as well, probably one of my favorite pieces I own now. Also - one of the HARDEST boots I've ever broken in, made my A1923s in Horse look like a joke.

Product Release 02 seems to be shaping up to be pretty good -> still not a big fan of the Latex working, but the non-Latex items seem to be solid and less 'gimmicky' than the first collection.
    Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
    Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.