• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Landadel
    Banned
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
    One of the reason Im scare of posting what you wearing today pics. A lot of y'all are hostile as hell here
    Yeah, that´s funny.
    Rick is a laid-back guy making relaxed clothes and some users are so uptight.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
      One of the reason Im scare of posting what you wearing today pics. A lot of y'all are hostile as hell here
      Heh, this is nothing compared to what it used to be. Most of the criticism is constructive and ends up in good advice. But if you cannot take constructive criticism, you shouldn't be posting.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by i-d-g View Post
        i've gotta say, i agree with landadel on this one.

these statements are contradictory to say the least. this is what can be confusing and pretty intimidating for users who are new to this forum. it's often hard to gauge the reaction to a post, and i see new users getting blasted from senior members over such trivial comments from time to time. this isn't an attack against faust, rather just something that i've noticed since i started posting here.

That being said, I'm not too fond of the Plokhov x Uniqlo collab. I think they could've fleshed it out with a wider array of materials. It looks more like a Uniqlo pajama line than a collab with Plokhov.
        Only on the surface. I didn't say I am going to run out and buy any of it. I didn't say they ARE good, just that they LOOK decent in photos on the internet.

Sorry, but I will continue to uphold standards on SZ, ESPECIALLY now that "goth ninja" has hit the mainstream and copycats and "get the look" labels proliferate.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Linhlev
          • May 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          We think you might be on the wrong forum. This is not a "get-the-look-for-less" place - there is teen vogue and cosmopolitan and complex mag for that.

Well, I don't mean that I got that hoodie just for the less price, I got that hoodie because I think it fits casual wear sometimes.

I'm a freshman dude in college so I don't earn that much as you guys, so I only have 2 pairs of RO, several shirts from him and some other brands. I cannot afford like $400 for a shirt like every week, I can only do that like once in 2 weeks so yeah. However, I have no problem with that, I'm willing to pay for the price because I really love their visions. My major is Fashion Merchandising so I learned much about how does the business work.

But once again, let's go back to the Helmut Lang thinggy, what do you guys think about the brand's garments for this season?

Comment

• RK1
            • May 2013

Originally posted by Linhlev View Post
            I'm a freshman dude in college so I don't earn that much as you guys, so I only have 2 pairs of RO, several shirts from him and some other brands. I cannot afford like $400 for a shirt like every week, I can only do that like once in 2 weeks so yeah. However, I have no problem with that, I'm willing to pay for the price because I really love their visions. My major is Fashion Merchandising so I learned much about how does the business work.
            Damn, what part-time job do you have?

Comment

• ryanhast
              • Sep 2013

The Plokhov pieces are up on the Uniqlo site. I bought a couple things for the gym. Excited to wear something different from my typical Nike stuff. I wish there were more gym clothing options from designers at a price point that makes sense for stuff you are going to abuse the hell out of. Will report back on quality when they get here if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Osseovs
                • Oct 2012

I went with an extended hoodie for the hell of it. Everything else just reminded me of an early morning jog fit.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Alexandre Plokhov has officially announced that it will cease operations. The last collection, S/S 16 shown in New York will be delivered. Das Ende.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Alexandre Plokhov has officially announced that it will cease operations. The last collection, S/S 16 shown in New York will be delivered. Das Ende.
                      Damn. What happened?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I can only speculate, but I would imagine he got tired of the fashion hamster wheel. He has a good gig at HL going. No need to bust ass while treading water. I understand completely.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

Very sad news. Hopefully a more concerted effort on Helmut Lang will help to bring it back closer to its former self. (some of the clothes were literally falling apart last time I was in one of their stores)
                          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• ian+
                            • Dec 2011

There should have been a closure a long time ago. I don't think he ever managed to find his way through his personal label, I don't remember seeing a collection that caught my eye. A few good ideas here and there but overall lacked consistency. Sad but true.
                            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Instead of shedding tears, Alexandre has made a music mix for us

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

G,

I hear you, I understand what you are saying but I disagree.
                                thee was enough in his offerings from season to season to generate enough business to keep a company going.

I do not know what is business structure was, so its hard for me to say anything about his company specifically.
                                What i am going to say though, is something that a lot of people are either very reluctant to admit or in denail about.
                                it is this: unless there is a radical change in how this (Artisanal/ Niche) part of the industry operates there is only going to be more closings of beloved brands.
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎