Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alexandre Plokhov

I am glad to see him back with Nomenklatura as I really like what his eponymous label used to do. I think the first release was hit and miss though with some of it looking really great and some a bit goofy almost. Felt a bit like I could only see myself wearing it as a one off or something as a themed outfit at a queer leaning club night rather than as a long standing wardrobe addition. This second release I think looks way more consistent and actually has a really continuous aesthetic to it rather than being as dress up-ish bar a couple of the looks which I don't rate. The sort of camo ones are actually the looks I am not into so much. I really love some of the mega synthetic ones actually to be honest. The second look is a favorite. That jacket with the full on latex fetish suit level shine on it and belt is hot and funnily was a look I have kind of being trying to find more of recently. Would buy if I had the money at all/was at all convinced I could pull it off.

What do you think of this: Plokhov had definately lost his influence on our minds and thoughts to trends of fshion since he closed Cloak...I mean we still remenber Hedi's DH a lot but how many of new fashion fans know about Cloak or even AP? Why is that? Want to hear some discussion..

How many people know of 90% of what happened 15 years ago? It's kind of a silly question. I mean, I agree that '04 Cloak was the heyday, but I can point out a dozen of designers off the top of my head and say the same thing.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

It is not like that Faust. I regard Cloak years as a very iconic and rememberable time. Sure there are tons of designers who got that kind of level, but I would say barely none of them has been forgotten so damn completely. Or is it just my delusion?