• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aya1293
    • Apr 2013

leather experimentation

Dearest SZ members,

Recently I visited a leather shop near my place (in Australia) and picked up a few pieces including kangaroo leather laces, cow and sheep hide.

Just wanted to post my experimentation work on here and get any feedback. I was wanting to make a neck strap from the same cow hide I used for the slip or use the thinner sheep hide for it. That or leave the slip as is. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited by aya1293; 09-24-2014, 07:32 PM.
  • i-d-g
    • Sep 2012

I'd say post smaller, better photos before anything.

Can you define what you mean by "neck strap"? A necklace? A bigger accessory?

Draw some flats of what you had in mind. Also, I hope you can stitch it together using something other than a bright red/orange overlock stitch.
    “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• aya1293
      • Apr 2013

Hi i-d-g,

Thanks for your input!

Here are the better quality images of it.

Yeah. I mean a necklace. Contemplating putting one on so I can wear it across my shoulder or something or just leaving it as is.

Oh my drawing skills are horrendous but ok I might try later.

oh really? That was the main feature I wanted for this little pouch. I like different stitches and I like the bright red contrast to the black leather. However I would like to hear your opinion. What would you have done for the stitching? i.e what type of stitch and what colour?

Comment

• i-d-g
        • Sep 2012

wow aya,

much better pictures. the stitching doesn't look nearly as sloppy in these photos, however i think i normal straight stitch with the bright red thread might be a little more subtle than the overlock. just my opinion though.

keep us updated on the necklace!
        “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎