Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dries van Noten

Default Dries van Noten

[ code ]
    [ /code ]Where SS15 sprung from.
    Love the fact that the fabrics are woven as one.

Love the man and his work. Thanks for sharing :)

Love the countless number of fabrics.. that rubic's cube looking jacquard is pretty awesome. Yeah the woven as one piece is nuts.

I loved the invitations for the show too.

His work always impresses me and it's very wearable, yet poorly received (in Boston at least…)

It's hard to believe this thread has only two posts, wow.

I resurrected my profile of Dries Van Noten from 2009. Enjoy.

http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2014/11/dries-van-noten/

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I feel an Asian Goth road ahead...
    Last edited by rider; 03-04-2015 at 08:03 AM.

Rider, if there was ever a time for you to visit Antwerp, it is now.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Sweet, thank you.

Ah thanks for sharing your write up. Would love to attend -- I think a color/texture explosion is something I'd like to experience.

Fascinating tidbit on his stable of 3000 fairly compensated Indian embroidery craftsman. I wonder how amazing they've gotten at embroidery over the years given how much of it he uses.

I was wondering about the made in indian label on the ss15 bomber I got (sadly less blue than the pics made it seem)

I thought the design might have cultural references hence the country of origin, but now it makes much better sense.

Anyone know how the exhibition in Antwerp compares to when it was in Paris? I'm thinking about going to see it again, but not if it's much smaller. I loved the Birds show they had on last summer, but it felt like the space is much smaller than the Arts Decoratif.
    Quote Originally Posted by jogu View Post
    i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Did you read my review?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

http://vestoj.com/conversations-on-slowness-2/

Interview with Dries Van Noten
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.
    Quote Originally Posted by stagename View Post
    How did the hat get there? Why does the hat like oreos? Is the hat catholic?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

My profile of Dries Van Noten for Buro 24/7

http://www.buro247.me/fashion/inside...ngs-wrong.html

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Great interview, Faust. Every time I read something about Dries, he becomes that much cooler in my eyes. He seems like an incredibly grounded and interesting guy, and I'm really glad that he's seeing independent success and relative freedom from the hype cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavobradley View Post
    Great interview, Faust. Every time I read something about Dries, he becomes that much cooler in my eyes. He seems like an incredibly grounded and interesting guy, and I'm really glad that he's seeing independent success and relative freedom from the hype cycle.
    Thank you and I agree!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

has anyone been watching Silent archive? for 100 days this is part of my morning routine.
    love today's mens
    the models actually engage the audience, what a concept!

I don't know how I wasn't aware of this. Thanks Rider!
    Stop saying “wallpaper”, “furniture”, “floor”, its bourgeois! Eat the chicken from my hat, come on!

I'm not sure when this is actually being released. Some of you might have seen it already but it is supposed to be a much more compelling portrait of the character if we were to compare it to the Raf one.

I'm negotiating with the distributor to have a couple of screenings in the US.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine