Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dries van Noten

looking forward to that if you can make it happen.
    in the meantime Art of Style was released and well worth watching especially for his humble perspective.

Dries Van Noten will be speaking at the New Yorker Festival. More info on SZ mag

https://www.sz-mag.com/news/2017/10/...rker-festival/
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Good profile of Dries Van Noten in the New York Times T-Magazine

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/16/t...tionfront&_r=0
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

After the news of Dries selling a majority stake in his company to Puig, his retirement seems to be imminent. Horrible news either way.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/dries...ni-power-moves

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    After the news of Dries selling a majority stake in his company to Puig, his retirement seems to be imminent. Horrible news either way.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/dries...ni-power-moves
    I love how they say that Dries sells "in just a few exquisite, cozy boutiques," when Barneys does the biggest DvN buy, and it's also at Bergdorf's...

Why horrible news? It's a well-deserved retirement.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I also don't know where I stand on this.
    On the one hand I'm happy for Dries but still afraid to see a huge shift in the brand.

I have a very cautious optimism with this buyout. Of course they are going to try their best to capitalize on the DvN brand equity, maybe begin advertising or changing a few company practices as a typical result of a corporate buyout (I wonder if Puig was a big push for the Mr. van Noten's documentary, book signings, increased media activity this past year). Yet, I see Gaultier still doing well and largely designing what he wants, despite being a minority shareholder in his now Puig owned company. While I am aware that every buyout is different, the fact that I haven't heard any horror stories about Puig gives me some tenuous comfort. I am looking forward to hearing what you guys think.
    Last edited by SafetyKat; 07-01-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Maybe they can get him to offer his clothes in black more often. I’d certainly start buying them …
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post
    Maybe they can get him to offer his clothes in black more often. I’d certainly start buying them …
    There is black, not a lot of it, and I suppose no one really buys it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    There is black, not a lot of it, and I suppose no one really buys it.
    Certainly none of the stores I’ve been to that carry him. :/
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I love how they say that Dries sells "in just a few exquisite, cozy boutiques," when Barneys does the biggest DvN buy, and it's also at Bergdorf's...

Why horrible news? It's a well-deserved retirement.
    I agree it's a well deserved retirement; however, judging from Puig's history I have bad feeling about this.