• Feb 2011

Comment

• Crowzer
      • Feb 2011

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Little Red Riding hood on an acid binge. I wonder when she'll catch the wolf, fuck his brains out and slice his throat.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
          • Jul 2010

It seems to be the season of red

Comment

• Aurum
            • Dec 2013

While I liked several looks, I have to admit that my initial reaction was:

"CDG. So hot right now."

Comment

• Vinyl Only
              • Jun 2012

Uh, I really like the audacity of this XXX-Large Intestine look.
              Its like something out of a John Waters remake of the classic schlock film "Brain Damage"

[/QUOTE]

I also like the xt sleeve, tweedle dee overall geometric and exposed rib pant legs thing here.

A lot of the rest suffers a bit from a feeling as if it looked better on the drawing board/computer screen and lost too much magic in the transformation to 3D. And I NEVER feel this way about Comme. CDG, esp women's always looks shaped by hand and mind with a loving, cruise missile precise "fuck you" cherry on top.

Comment

• Vinyl Only
                • Jun 2012

Is it possible that Thom Browne threatens to out-Kawakubo Rei at her own game?? ( Not saying he will or even seeks to.) I'm also not saying he has done anything this crazy (yet), nor that the Comme influence hasn't become increasingly pronounced at TB in his recent and best seasons. I just sense a slight increase in the use of the weird-button in this that seems a bit heavy-handed and somehow sadly lacks the infinitely fucked yet innately logical in an otherwordly real way that Rei tends to nail so consistently.

This is the first time in recent memory that I get a feeling of "character" or costume in a way that distracts from the force of the whole. Maybe too much of it is "crazy" but lacks that deliciously unsettling/mysterious thing she has the patent on? Even so, she'll never lose it. Next season will kill me as usual I'm sure.
                Last edited by Vinyl Only; 10-02-2014, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Thom Browne makes no secret that Rei is pretty much the only designer he respects deeply, and the sinister spectacles of his shows are not far cry from what Rei does. Still, I don't think there is any competition there. They both do their own thing.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vinyl Only
                    • Jun 2012

Oh, totally..
                    No argument here on those points.
                    But Thom's further experiments are inspired by and celebrate "theatre" more directly, as in the realm of entertainment. Luckily he (and his team)are smart as f*ck so they know how to twist it while keeping their references more or less clear. (The circus, tennis, space, punk etc)

I find Comme better when its take on theatre is skewed to an unsettling (and yes CREEPY!)extreme, bringing it more into the realm of performance art. A dude with a gilded face mumbling to a dead hare in his arm wouldn't be out of place in a CDG show.

FW09 is a fave example-- the color, pace, sound and details unfold in a way that its almost hard to believe its happening. The models arent models--they ARE the people wearing and expressing/experiencing the clothes. They cant be mere "characters because there is too much disconnected/yet seamlessly connected information. There's that extreme suspension of reality but its undeniably smacking you in the face. Maybe more of a discussion for "D's and Their Work"?--but this collection again is the first time I felt this lacking, at least in a while as Rei's been killing it for me.
                    Last edited by Vinyl Only; 10-02-2014, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• erdweir
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Thom Browne makes no secret that Rei is pretty much the only designer he respects deeply
                      makes sense

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

i have to say il probably be slated for this but...

does this collection even need to exist? I mean who will wear this stuff, she has so many lines now so financially it doesn't even matter, i mean is this just window dressing so we all buy the perfumes?
                        I admit iv never been to Harajuku, but i see the point in undercover's collection, even if its OTT, there are wearable pieces and some totally crazy stuff. But this collection who could wear this, other than lady gaga and maybe a few pop stars.
                        I get the point of marketing: doing crazy shit so people take a bite on the hook... but really what is the collection trying to do or say?

I guess i like wearable garments or things with a reference to an existing garment but here i can't see it. Too much theatre for me....

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
                          • Jul 2010

Very good point, Snafu. I also have to agree with you Aurum and the Zoolander reference, I think this is too derelict for my taste!..

Comment

• Warg
                            • Nov 2012

Heaven this season! this red is everything! i want to wear all of it while bleeding to death for an art show! that s the first feeling i had seeing this!

Now as much as i wear women s clothe i would rock any of those in real life... damn me!

I will LIVE for anyone getting a piece and sharing pictures!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎