• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by deadboy View Post
    Stories about this ad are blowing up in my Facebook feed, even though it came out the same day as news of probably the most horrific attack on civilians, in the worst conflict of our time... an attack that should make a whole lot of people sit up and take notice, and consider what, if any role other nations should have or continue to have in said conflict. We now know it may change the course of U.S. foreign policy (I mean, who really knows with this President), which could open the country up to reprisal in the form of lone wolf terror attacks from those loyal to one side in the war, or even worse relations with another global superpower.

What I'm getting at is, yeah the Pepsi commercial is stupid, but people agreed it was stupid pretty much immediately, and I wish they'd moved on to more important things, instead of this fixation on social justice low hanging fruit and pop culture snark.
    I think that part of it is the overwhelming feeling of helplessness that people feel. We have never been so well-informed (or misinformed) as we are now, and morally attuned, and the realization that an ordinary citizen really cannot do all that much is hard. Add the consumer mentality as activism everyone by now has sucked in with their mother's milk and corporations become an easy target. Though "voting with your dollar" is mostly false activism, it's not entirely without merit.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• clamence
      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      I think that part of it is the overwhelming feeling of helplessness that people feel. We have never been so well-informed (or misinformed) as we are now, and morally attuned, and the realization that an ordinary citizen really cannot do all that much is hard. Add the consumer mentality as activism everyone by now has sucked in with their mother's milk and corporations become an easy target. Though "voting with your dollar" is mostly false activism, it's not entirely without merit.
      “We live in a world where there is more and more information, and less and less meaning.”

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Congratulations to France for staying sane in these insane times.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          I can't believe this shit.
          First year is almost over. Still can't believe this shit.
          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎