X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam_tem
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
    I wonder how big the meltdown will be if in unlikely events Trump is actually decent president.
    doesn't even matter man. supreme court.

all because a bunch of pompous old white dudes didn't want to honor the constitution and fill the court seat this past year we're all fucked for decades now.

edit:
    From Vox because poor uneducated white people were brought up:

Do not let facts bother you if you already made your mind.
    This is a good point. This election was nothing to do about Dems failing to court the white working class voters or about blatant racism against immigrants which was just a diversion. This election was solely about evangelical christians re-igniting the culture wars and hoping to throw minorities under the bus by removing any advancement in equal rights that occurred under Obama's watch.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I
      Do not let facts bother you if you already made your mind.
      Says YOU?! LOL
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

I wonder how big the meltdown will be if in unlikely events Trump is actually decent president.
        This scenario is literally impossible given that he is a climate change denier. The guy is going to appoint a climate change "skeptic" (ie, shill) as the head of the EPA. Climate change is inevitably going to be the cause of wars, disease, and famine and will be responsible for so much more damage than current conflicts.

Also:

Male, old, white, high school or less, and despite the income results, I'm willing to bet that the high school or less old white men aren't the kind of Republicans making a ton of cash.
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

I can't believe we're on a supposedly avant-garde forum and someone's defending a caveman.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Monoral
            • Mar 2014

The Obama administration has not been especially interested in antagonizing Russia. They've been walking a careful tightrope in Syria, the administration was very cautious despite having strong evidence that Russia directly interfered with the election in minor but nonetheless invasive ways, etc. I don't think Clinton's hawkishness extends to punching Russia in the face.

China is most certainly actively claiming territory in the pacific islands making Japan and several other nations very nervous. A game of very bizarre aircraft carrier chess as well as many meetings between top officials that has less to do with military force and more to do with a staring contest and statement of support for powers China wants to cow has been going on for quite some time now. Clinton shows every sign of understanding the complexity of that sort of situation. Trump does not.

Putin was clearly quite happy with Obama, don't get me wrong. Anyone willing to just give him a strongly worded speech for annexing Ukraine probably gets crossed off his Naughty List. But lets not kid ourselves here. WWIII was never on the cards from either candidate. Trump's foreign policy perspective is unclear--anywhere from blowing up terrorist families to retreating from foreign involvement entirely. Clinton was an interventionist and was hawkish, but her hawkishness wasn't grandiose. She learned, if not her ethics lesson, at least her pragmatic lesson that voters really didn't like the Iraq war in retrospect and that putting American troops in harms way is a really, really bad idea going forward. Neither she nor Obama were eager to involve American ground forces heavily even in their military interventions, favoring bombings, drone strikes, logistical support, and targeted commando units at most.

That's not the recipe for WWIII. It's not the recipe for anything very good, either. I'm not a fan and criticized Clinton and Obama for their hawkishness since the 2008 primary. But I'm not favoring 1 issue candidate and I don't think most people are no matter who they voted for; fundamentally we have the neo-cold-war interventionist we know who wants to prevent large scale conflict through targeted applications of force and resources (personally I think is a fool's errand and easily conflated with the goals of the military industrial complex-- in which NOT A FAN) ... and we have the Trump that we don't know at all. What we do know of Trump is that he is supportive of and supported by the world's most prominent neo-cold war interventionist and that he can't make up his mind about whether or not he's big on blowing shit up or not.

So ... yeah, I can get not liking Clinton for her hawkishness. I just don't see how you figure Trump is better news for the Middle East, Eastern Europe or East Asia. Clinton wasn't planning on invading former soviet territories or pacific island nations, but I can name you two countries who might be planning such things and Trump does not have the experience nor the inclination to deal with keeping them at bay. Did Obama? Does Clinton? I honestly don't know. I'm not trying to convince you Clinton would make a peaceful president. Just that its a bit weird to consider Trump the way to avoid nuclear war.
            Last edited by Monoral; 11-12-2016, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Anton
              • Oct 2014

This guy explains pretty well why Trump won...a bit too much acting but overall a good message.

Last edited by Anton; 11-12-2016, 03:28 PM.
              I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
              My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

Not to add fuel to the fire but...

"Senate Responds to Post-Trump Anti-Semitism By Targeting Students Who Criticize Israel"
                The so-called Anti-Semitism Awareness Act flew through the Senate in two days. Critics fear a chilling effect on pro-Palestinian college activists.

"US legislation proposes new committee to counteract Russian 'covert influence' "
                Congress set to review bills to authorize intelligence body to oppose Russian interference and propaganda, which could be at odds with Trump administration

"Bill Targeting “Russian Propaganda” Passes In House"
                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• SafetyKat
                  • Aug 2014

Tacking onto Ahimsa...

Interesting take, On the state Post-truth politics (Young patti smith at 7:35 as a bonus)
                  Last edited by SafetyKat; 12-07-2016, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

That was my favorite episode in an otherwise pretty trite documentary.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SafetyKat
                      • Aug 2014

MM is trite in general. Why not wrap up a few narratives in a nice bow and proclaim "Whatever will happen next?!?"

Comment

• nvsnli
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                        I can't believe we're on a supposedly avant-garde forum and someone's defending a caveman.
                        I can't believe we,re on a supposedly avant-garde forum and people are pretending Hillary is actually a good option. Two bad options, other one got chosen and the person was not the one you were rooting for.

Anyway, back on current topics it was a busy night and a tragic one. Russian ambassador got shot, people got run over by a truck in Berlin + people got shot in Zürich.

Comment

• nvsnli
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by wildinthewoods
                          Depends on what you consider "decent". A lot of his platform involves ripping away the civil liberties from marginalized groups that a lot of people have worked hard and died for to achieve. If you're a racist bigoted piece of shit (which I suspect you are based on your posts), then I'm sure you'll think he's a 'great' president, because I predict he will be very successful in putting all the hate into law he's promised he will.
                          What is your definition of racist?
                          Anyway good you pulled the racist card immediately so you dont have to argue any points but instead fight the person.
                          Unlike you i am willing to give everyone a chance and trying not to judge them prematurely ;)

Im just laughing at the levels of hysteria that rose when Trump got elected when he havent done anything as a president yet.
                          Judge him objectivily after his term is over and see were you correct or not.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Im just laughing at the levels of hysteria that rose when Trump got elected when he havent done anything as a president yet.
                            Judging by his work so far (incl. cabinet appointments), seems like the hysteria was more than justified.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Monoral
                              • Mar 2014

Nono Trump and his supporters are not racist, not at all. We all know that all Mexican rape, Chinese are out to destroy America. Also lets bomb ALL Muslims, you know elderly, woman and kids ESPECIALLY kids.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Today should be the national day of mourning in the States

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎