• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Stylist Panos Yiapanis

Not as good as his interview in Industrie some time back, but worth a read if you are not familiar with his work. Interest1, we should put some photos of his styling here! Panos is instrumental to the whole goth fashion ethos.

"LONDON, United Kingdom — Panos Yiapanis cuts a distinctive figure, dressed head to toe in black and accompanied by a giant Rottweiler, named Beast. His dark goth-romantic look is driven by his fascination with counter culture, particularly new wave rock and industrial metal bands. “I’ve always been a huge fan of Sisters of Mercy and Joy Division, but also bands like Ministry and Skinny Puppy. In one of my first shoots, there was a Sisters of Mercy t-shirt all cut up.”

When Yiapanis began his career in the late 1990s, his grungy sub-cultural aesthetic was an anomaly amidst a fashion industry dominated by a glossier look. But today, the stylist works with top photographers like Steven Klein and Inez and Vinoodh, as well as a diverse array of brands from Mary Katrantzou to Rochas to Rick Owens, which have all called upon Yiapanis to style their runway shows. Along the way, he has even given the squeaky clean Katie Holmes a subtly gothic makeover in black Alaïa during the height of her Hollywood fame..."
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

some of my favorites by him:

Last edited by Shucks; 12-08-2014, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Last edited by Shucks; 12-12-2014, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Thanks Shucks.

This is the interview in Industrie

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• brettwagg
            • Jan 2013

Yeah, thanks Shucks. Some of those photos are amazing

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

All that punk shit starting from the picture with the Sonic Youth poster pulls at my inner teenager heartstrings.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

here is a very intimate documentary about the late corinne day, by her husband mark szaszy, from around the time when she was working with panos yiapanis at the beginning of his career in styling. the most beautiful photos of the ones i posted above are also from their work together around that time.

it's very sad that she passed away...

(click)

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎