X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Do they only carry the cashmere v-necks from those two brands?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

more or less, DC isn't the most progressive market.

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

i'll be in DC for a museum opening later this month.

i've been to the other museums here all my life. what else do you do here? i know the shopping is crap.

Comment

• Vanna
          • May 2008

Is Ceiba still any good? Haven't been in so long. The most tender pork I've ever had I had there.
          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• r3dbarr0n1
            • Jul 2015

Being from the DC MD area, there really isn't anything here. Primarily because the population is much more conservative and only a few recognize or relate with brands like Rick Owens or BBS etc...

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

any recs on early morning drop-in gyms, restaurants worth mentioning?

i dunno, i'll guess i'll do some touristy shit like walk the c&o canal?

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
                food wise DC is a lot more miss than hit but the following are good:
                Little Serow - go on a weeknight and the line should be manageable, best meal you'll have in DC if you can handle the heat
                Kapnos - excellent Greek inspired small plates, the spit roasted meats are very tasty
                Le Diplomate - solid French food, brunch is good
                Toki Underground - best ramen I've had in the states (and I've tried pretty much everywhere in NYC), starters and sides are awesome too
                Union Market - very hipstery but the small stands all offer quality grub, TaKorean is a favourite

skip Rose's Luxury, hype.
                endersgame these recommendations still hold true, only new restaurant of note is Maketto from the guy behind Toki Underground. solid food and interesting (for DC) restaurant/cafe/retail concept.

C&O canal is an okay time killer, Difficult Run is a favourite short hike near Great Falls if you're driving.

Comment

• eyebefore#
                  • Feb 2015

Redeem on 14th between T and S is probably the only store in DC that comes close to being sz approved. You won't find Rick or Boris there, but they do have Den Im. The store might not have stuff that's up to the sz standard of quality, but if they did they probably wouldn't survive in DC. Very good place to check out if you're just starting to get in to the style, plus the owner, Lori, is super sweet and helpful.

Comment

• gawkrodger
                    • Jun 2013

any new recommendations for DC or Baltimore (record shops, good bookstores, food, galleries etc)?

Comment

• pisciazz
                      • May 2017

The Sound Garden in Baltimore is a pretty decent record store that's worth checking out if you're in the area. Fell's Point is pretty lively on the weekends too, so feel free to explore.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎