Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Icarium
    • Oct 2010

I think most WTF one for me was Michael Chow. I mean my knowledge of the fashion world is pretty myopic, but his description didn't even make him seem that relevant.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Jtothewhat View Post
      It appears I stand corrected in regards to Visvim, I guess that their ''aesthetic'' is quite trendy in design circles at the moment, I was more so just focused on the brands individual commercial success where I seldom see it in anyway but those sneaker/moccasin shoes, but I suppose that is because I don't pay much attention to the brand and maybe live in the wrong place(s) to see its influence in person, though when looking at many labels SS15 collections it is pretty apparent (SLP like AKA*NYC pointed out). It is funny seeing a brand like Visvim who put a very Japanese spin on "Americana" aesthetics (see Visvim SS15) and then get ripped off by some American label doing an...American version of a Japanese take on Americana..
      I'm totally missing the Visvim > SLP influence. Explain.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

the footwear is a good starting point. visvim's fbt designs take after native american moccasins so it's possible that saint laurent found similar inspiration. the shoes below are saint laurent ss15.

compare with:

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• applecrisp
          • Jun 2013

I definitely see similarities between Visvim and SLP, however, I think that the similarities comes from the source material. They're both channeling that range-riding american hero cowboy, but SLP is doing it more in the vain of spaghetti westerns; stylized and sexualized, whereas Visvim is staying more true to the source material but executing the whole look with razor-sharp precision of an "authentic" vision of that lifestyle.

Comment

• deltapie
            • Feb 2014

I can't be the only one that was relieved to see Kanye West NOT make the cut.
            "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Though to be fair, he should be in there, no?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Icarium
                • Oct 2010

Yeah he made some other lists and in terms of influence he seems more fitting than many.

Sadly, but validly.

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

I guess so, but he is no exactly 'in menswear' but then they stuck others who aren't in the list.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

No different than ASAP.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎