• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • severin
    • Feb 2011

A NEW CROSS / ASHES A/W 2015

a little context via stealthprojekt:
    The pictures of the new unisex pieces are made more special by the female half of the duo : Vanessa wearing all the pieces effortlessly and transcending any male / female only clothing divide.The male model bringing the extra masculine edge and balance to the proceedings....

more images are on the stealthprojekt blog
    take me up to the top of the city
  • interest1
    • Nov 2008

good clothes, great models.
    sain't

Comment

• gawkrodger
      • Jun 2013

I very much like this

Comment

• woof
        • May 2014

photographs, knit and scarf look nice...but everyhting just feels like its tryna to merge a couple designers that dont really have much aesthetic overlap besides being discussed in this beautiful forum thank u faust. *sips whiskey* i dont like it! i dont like it at all!!! but i admit... it's very avant garde and creative

Comment

• mgala
          • Sep 2014

I thought people on SZ would know what the term avantgarde contains

I have a hard time looking at these clothes, especially the fencing jacket, without thinking that they look like a bland remix of other pieces by our beloved designers

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
            • Dec 2012

this is really beautiful!!!!! and it is so rare to have designers from Latin America around here... (+ this is also locally produced, kind of interesting too).

their tumblr and Facebook are also worth checkin out

Comment

• Bleu1950
              • Jan 2013

the clothes look great..if you are talking about a bland remixed of other pieces, i would say Reo Ma is the champ for producing copy of successful items from other brands (boris's jacket, CCP overlocked leather jacket)...

Originally posted by mgala View Post

I have a hard time looking at these clothes, especially the fencing jacket, without thinking that they look like a bland remix of other pieces by our beloved designers

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mgala View Post

who are you and what the heck do you know?
                there are only 5/6 designers in the world who know how to design?..........
                some of you act like being a designer is some kind of divine right given to only a select few (some of which while being revered really know jack sheeet about making clothes) and so any one who makes anything is only copying your favorite (insert name here)

Relax, and if you all have nothing to say just stop..........I would love to see critical analysis of designers work rather than this regurgitated nonsense of constantly accusing young designers of copying.................
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Bleu1950 View Post
                  the clothes look great..if you are talking about a bland remixed of other pieces, i would say Reo Ma is the champ for producing copy of successful items from other brands (boris's jacket, CCP overlocked leather jacket)...
                  Don't be a dick, he's a student or as early in his career as is possible, and he's always nice on these forums. Why would you even bother trashing a student or startup?
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• bukka
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                    Don't be a dick, he's a student or as early in his career as is possible, and he's always nice on these forums. Why would you even bother trashing a student or startup?
                    That's what people are constantly doing on ReoMa and some other young designers threads though. Never understood this reaction.

The old dude is badass, I especially like the clothes he's wearing on the third picture, I could wear this all winter.
                    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                      • Jan 2013

I dunno, with a lot of these new designers there seems to be a very fine line between respectability and derivation. I guess what comes to mind is Incarnation, which seems to have been marked as the latter, with most designs some kind of copy of something or other. But really there are very few options design-wise, so I find it very hard to differentiate between the two ends of the spectrum? I think it becomes a lot easier when you experience the clothes in person, but then there's the divide between material vs design as well.

Comment

• zen dog
                        • Jan 2014

Zamb's post (with the weight of a designer) got me thinking:

Comments here are different than the one's you say to a friend when paging through a magazine or going to an art gallery. "Looks like ...." comes off as dismissive and not as a great insight, especially when not followed up by any analysis. I've never minded opinions but they should be treated like math problems in school- turn in an answer and show your work.

These forums seem to teter-totter between enthusiasm and support and mean spirited. F M C had a good thought that some of this negativity might be done as not to open one's comments to derision as naive, so its easier to be negative. Shit, if you are brave enough to wear some of this stuff in public, you might as well take a chance here with your opinions.

A good start would be to understand your opinions have some weight and also the film "Chef" should be required viewing.

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

that doesn't really apply to students for goodness sake. everyone learns by copying other people. its how you learn your craft. many many many artists learn their medium by copying what they see in the museum, etc. no one comes out of the womb as alexander mcqueen
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• bukka
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Trouble
                            Should students or recent graduates be given no criticism, no honesty from their mentors, their peers, or their potential consumer audience?
                            The only people criticizing here are "potential consumer audience" -> you and a few other bros. I didn't see any mentor or peer shitting on some students work.
                            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• darkbydesign
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                              good clothes, great models.
                              ^^Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰