Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mail-Moth
    • Mar 2009

Damn this is good. This is moving, this is fun, and Thom Browne got me on the explanations he gave regarding the meaning of the scenography.
    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• nikos
      • Dec 2012

Thom Browne usually doesn't suit my style, but this is a great collection.

Comment

• applecrisp
        • Jun 2013

I love the Thom Browne collections. his FW14 collection is easily one of my favorites of all time. And this is equally great. I will need to really take a closer look at a lot of the work.

I just love that he clearly keeps his namesake collection as a freeform art that he can do whatever he wants. And it's going to be a spectacle. And it's likely going to have a lot of wearable pieces mixed in with the absurd. And I can't even imagine the man-hours that go into making this stuff.

I'm guessing Brooks Bros and Moncler are paying him well enough that he's able to shine upon us plebs with Thom Browne. It's exactly what runway is all about for me. It's not about bottom lines, it's about creating something special.

Comment

• yffet
          • Aug 2009

My favorite collection of FW yet. A slap in the face.
          Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• Pumpfish
            • Sep 2010

I was really taken by Junya Watanabe's formal play this season, but this knocks even Junya into a cocked hat.

TB has frustrated me before. A brilliant tailor fucking about. But this. This.

He marries elegance and transgression. The tailoring is superb but the victorian old lady dressed for a funeral is fantastic. It takes dark dandy elegance and drives it to a still wearable extreme.

I'm completely won over. Transgressive elegance wins.
            spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

Gotta love the black blazer with the (sad?) whale on the back.
              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Williebabzan
                • Jul 2008

This is so good once again. Bah, I want to live in Thom's world

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                  • Jan 2007

Great collection. I must admit it's not my favourite from him as I prefer the even more theatrical ones (zombie rugby jocks! muscle aliens vs geometric aliens! and so on), but it's still great.

What I like about this one is that the rtw that shops actually pick up might finally look somewhat similar to the runway looks. As much as I love being taken into the fantasy world of his shows, he has been selling mostly pre-collection clothes for quite a few years now. Not that I think it's necessarily something to be ashamed of - I approve of anything that will let him keep staging shows like this - but nonetheless a positive progression for him.
                  Originally posted by jogu
                  i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                    What I like about this one is that the rtw that shops actually pick up might finally look somewhat similar to the runway looks. As much as I love being taken into the fantasy world of his shows, he has been selling mostly pre-collection clothes for quite a few years now. Not that I think it's necessarily something to be ashamed of - I approve of anything that will let him keep staging shows like this - but nonetheless a positive progression for him.
                    Exactly what I was thinking, its sad to see most retailers carry just his "sportswear" (hoodies, t-shirts etc). I love that this is very sellable but it doesn't make the collection any less awesome or less him. hell there are several things I want and I haven't wanted a single TB thing in my life.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Baddarn
                      • Oct 2013

Just what to chime in on this wonderful collection. The atmosphere is just amazing, so grim even without the music and pacing of a video.

It's almost as the deceased is not a loved one - and it beg the question for whom (or what) this funeral is held. If anybody find a full video please share!

Comment

• clay
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                        I remember the days when he was ridiculed..............now he sits alone at the top of the ladder, no one can touch him now

he has moved from a mortal to a divine being
                        he is now Le Grand Couturier, effectively a fahiongod
                        Not only ridiculed but ridiculed here, hard. I still can't say I love the theatre, but I still love the core of his design sense.

Comment

• Quiet
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2014

contextualized through the Death Becomes Her exhibit at the MET last year this is such a beautiful collection. it reminds me of the video for coma white by marilyn manson in the best way. what a beautiful and thoughtful collection! with everything else looking so similar, relying on shock in the guise of the runway being a "show" more than a means to present wearable clothing, or just plain boring, thom browne stands alone.

Comment

• DamageX
                            • Dec 2008

This is now one of my favorite collections of his! I love how sombre it is but at the same time there is an underlying playfulness by using the whale and turtle imagery.

I like how he uses the runway to tell a story rather than just using it as a means of displaying clothing.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                              • Sep 2010

Just watched the HD version of this collection and it's so fucking good. In a fantasy world, I'd own this entire collection as my lifetime of formal wear. haha And the story meeting the whimsical music and details is both somber and playful. Look #2 could practically be my work uniform and I'd be happy.

Thom Browne (Fashion Designer), Stephen Jones (Fashion Designer)

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                                • Apr 2014

His shows are always fantastic. I remember my first time seeing that one mens collection with the crazy proportions. Huge orc like shoulders, bulging cartoon super hero legs etc. It was all so bizarre. However, the shows never translate well with what stores pick up. It's the same basic pieces with the logo and stripes. Some of it would interest me if he didn't do that, but I guess the branding helps keep him afloat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎