X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJRH
    • Nov 2006

This is gorgeous

It's fetish in the same way Lang always was in his more restrained moments: not quite hitting you over the head (or anywhere else) with it, but there if you wanna look for it. Which is entirely the right way to do it.
    ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MJRH View Post
      This is gorgeous

It's fetish in the same way Lang always was in his more restrained moments: not quite hitting you over the head (or anywhere else) with it, but there if you wanna look for it. Which is entirely the right way to do it.
      YES, YES, AND YES! Lang was a kinky mofo. That was the juice of his stuff, the kind beneath the minimalism, something the buttoned up Sander could never allow in her Teutonic work.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
          • Mar 2014

This stuff is excellent!

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
            • Mar 2014

Ah man does anyone know if there are any London stockists for Vandervorst? I'd love to see these pieces in person/potentially convince my ladyfriends to buy something.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Selfridges, off the top of my head.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MJRH
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                YES, YES, AND YES! Lang was a kinky mofo. That was the juice of his stuff, the kind beneath the minimalism, something the buttoned up Sander could never allow in her Teutonic work.
                It's interesting to hear that about Jil! I've always thought of buttons as very sexy, and when there are a whole lot of them (real or figurative), the aura seems be in the same order as Lang's straps, or A&F's buckles of yesterseason, and suggests a restraint that is sexier than any straightforward lust. I get this sometimes from Jil Sander, too.

But no denying *this* show is sexier than anything Ms. Sander's ever done
                ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Verdandi
                  • Mar 2012

Rather then attributing the buttoning up to being Teutonic, I would argue a lot of it stems from the fact that Jil is a queer woman. In the beginning of her career there were a lot of voices calling her work 'lesbian chic' and while those may have been rather flippant comments, there is a lot of truth in them.
                  I would even go as far to say that Heidemarie's work is just as fetishistic as Lang's, just with different codes that can be lost on a heterosexual (male) audience.

But back to An and Filip.
                  lavender menace

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎