• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Ann Demeulemeester F/W 2015-16 Women's - Paris

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• george5
        • Jan 2015

Of course there's Ann legacy and codes but I don't know, I think this house should have closed its door forever.

Comment

• Mattiassa
          • Dec 2014

Why? What a dramatic comment.
          I agree that the collection is not as "strong" as when Ann herself was at her best. It's not bad though. But I respect that they reform the house slowly. I'm sure they will continue growing into their own skin.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Mattiassa View Post
            Why? What a dramatic comment.
            I agree that the collection is not as "strong" as when Ann herself was at her best. It's not bad though. But I respect that they reform the house slowly. I'm sure they will continue growing into their own skin.
            agree with this. if nobody had known she was not the designer behind this i think it would have gotten some very positive response here (and if sz had been less sleepy than it has become...). there are some stunning looks here that i know for sure would have turned MY head at least, had i seen them worn this way on the street. in fact, i find it much less overburdened with redundant layering, bizarre color palettes and fussy details than those demeulemeester collections i've liked the least. i'm grateful to see NO orange or aubergine or redundant zippers mid-jacket... i love the flow-y dresses and the big volume of some of the pants. in general it's more to-the-point and i like that - a matter of personal preference of course.

Comment

• Quiet
              Banned
              • Nov 2014

it's not bad because it's all a rehash of things that have worked with ann over the past 10 years. there's nothing new or exciting presented here but that doesnt necessarily make it "bad" either. i dont see anyone catching lightning after ann has left and that's to be expected. i just hope they are able to keep the romance from going stale.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by george5 View Post
                Of course there's Ann legacy and codes but I don't know, I think this house should have closed its door forever.
                Definitely. I mean who needs to keep a successful business going! And who needs to buy this esthetic that Ann has hammered out for over two decades, especially when there are all those amazing Saint Laurent collections!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Bson
                  • May 2013

@ Faust

Apart from the first look being more masculine than anything in the men's collection (LOL), I really like most of these. The single long black (and one red) dresses are timeless, quintessential Ann, and the belts/gloves/boots are on point. The styling also looks pretty incredible in backstage and close-up shots.

I wish though that SM would start to take more risks and really go for a distinct idea or vision in mind. Ann always had some sort of direct inspiration for each collection which reflected through the clothes, though despite reading what SM was aiming for in this one I don't see it. Hard job to fill!

Comment

• Mattiassa
                    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Definitely. I mean who needs to keep a successful business going! And who needs to buy this esthetic that Ann has hammered out for over two decades, especially when there are all those amazing Saint Laurent collections!

Haha..spot-on.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎