X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imblurredout
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
    I listened to this type of music when I was 14, I´m sorry if I didn´t make this clear enough. I´ll warn you next time I´m being ironic.
    It's "KoRn" not "Corn" by the way

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by imblurredout View Post
      No, I think he was right:

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• gregor
        • Oct 2014

^

now, the news is a few days old, but i absolutely love it. the amount of effort only to end up like this is a little disheartening, and though it's scary to see the amount of work that goes into making ads subtle, i think it's a little relieving and telling that it's relatively easily to debunk if you try.

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
          Saw a hipster-punk kiddo on the tram the other day with a massive cheap monday logo tatt on his neck.
          With or without the upside-down cross on it?
          Why did they remove it from their logo anyway?
          Did some moms complain about their children turning into satanists?
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

With or without the upside-down cross on it?
            Why did they remove it from their logo anyway?
            Did some moms complain about their children turning into satanists?
            it was removed when they were bought by H&M (who don't want anything 'controversial' to get in the way of their world domination or hint at what fucking degenerates they really are).

Comment

• shisou
              • Sep 2014

On the topic of creating a web of deceit on the web (fake wikipedia articles, websites, etc), this recent article discusses a course titled Lying About the Past at George Mason University in which students were made to do this as an assessment task: http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...reddit/257134/

perhaps of some relevance to H&M's malicious marketing stunt

Comment

• shisou
                • Sep 2014

a bit of a tangent, but on the topic of "fashion" brands marketing underground/"alternative"/indie music to sell clothes, I am still not too sure what to make of the 7 different Spacemen 3 t-shirts the Japanese brand Lad Musician is selling this season for between 9,500-13,000 yen.
                「ラッド ミュージシャン(LAD MUSICIAN)」が、ミュージシャンの「ソニック・ブーム(SONIC BOOM)」(PETER KEMBER)とのコラボレーションTシャツを2月14日に発売する。

Lad Musician aint exactly H&M, it is their 20th anniversary, the designer, Yuichi Kuroda, is a big fan of the band and Sonic Boom is onboard (no word from Jason, as far as I know) but still.......

"For all the fucked up children of this world....", Lad Musician gives you a tee!

Comment

• julian_doe
                  • Mar 2013

I listened to this type of music when I was 14, I´m sorry if I didn´t make this clear enough. I´ll warn you next time I´m being ironic.
                  Originally posted by imblurredout View Post
                  ...I regret having said anything...

Comment

• brettwagg
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by shisou View Post
                    a bit of a tangent, but on the topic of "fashion" brands marketing underground/"alternative"/indie music to sell clothes, I am still not too sure what to make of the 7 different Spacemen 3 t-shirts the Japanese brand Lad Musician is selling this season for between 9,500-13,000 yen.
                    「ラッド ミュージシャン(LAD MUSICIAN)」が、ミュージシャンの「ソニック・ブーム(SONIC BOOM)」(PETER KEMBER)とのコラボレーションTシャツを2月14日に発売する。

Lad Musician aint exactly H&M, it is their 20th anniversary, the designer, Yuichi Kuroda, is a big fan of the band and Sonic Boom is onboard (no word from Jason, as far as I know) but still.......

"For all the fucked up children of this world....", Lad Musician gives you a tee!
                    Peter Kember needs to get his heroin money someway!

Comment

• SafetyKat
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post

However, I never quite understood the attraction towards nu-metal or rap-metal, and much less the "juggalo" thing.
                      I work a side job at a convenience store, you would not believe the amount of times I check out a person buying faygo and catch glimpses of ICP tattoos and brandings (yes like a hot iron brand for cows).

Fads man, I think they influence more of us than we'd expect

In terms of the H&M thing though, I think the fact of weather the company falsified information is irrelevant. What it really comes down to is how quickly and thoroughly the information is disseminated into the public and how many consumers pick up a now semi- ironic product. Its all about publicity. No press is bad press, especially for large "rebellious" clothing companies *cough cough* Urban Outfitters *cough cough*

Comment

• Mezeinee
                        • Apr 2015

Now this is bad, because some naive 13 year old teen will think it's cool and edgy, will buy it making a statement while wearing it and having no clue about the whole story behind it! Shame on H&M. Urban Outfitters is also notoriously known for this kind of stuff, look here:

Mocking depression and promoting anorexia?!

Faking a mass killing uni sweater, including fake blood stains:

https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

There's something kind of fucking hilarious about that Kent State sweater, though. Call it meta-commentary.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎